Progressive EMS-HW50C

slb714

For those of you that have this unit, after installing it on about the 5th day of camping my power cut out for about 15 sec. I noticed I was running around 106 volts on one leg, so I figured it cut out on low voltage, but the display never gave me an error code, is this normal?

Pulltab

That would not be normal, usually it should report an error as the last information it displays before it starts over again. If it does it again I would contact them and let them know. Only reason I can think it would not report would be if the power was cut off from the park, in that case it would not report an error because the EMS wasn't the one to disrupt it.

I'm not sure if they use 120 or 110 volts as the baseline. If it is 120 it should have shut off at 108 but if they use 110 it would be 100 volts, so if that is the case what you saw was the voltage dropping and then the power just went off.

On Edit: I just looked at their site and it says it will shut off at 104 volts. So probably the park lost power and that is the reason no report.

<table id="table45" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="blank" valign="top">
titlebox2_left.gif
</td> <td background="titlebox2_back.gif" width="100%"> Voltage Protection:</td> <td class="blank" valign="top">
titlebox2_right.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> Whenever source power falls below 104 Volts, or rises above 132 volts, the EMS automatically shuts down power to the RV. Once the AC source rises above 104-volts, or below the 132-volt level, the time delay indicator flashes for the preset time and then automatically restores power to RV.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We leave our trailer powered at the campsite when we're not there. The last visit, the remote displayed a PE-8 code, with everything else being normal. You have to turn off power and restart to clear the PE codes. The code indicated a low line frequency condition had occurred. Asking the CG owners, they thought there was a minor glitch during a storm, but didn't recall any real power outages.

At any rate, no problems found with any appliances, etc.

slb714

the campground power did not go out, because we had a few rv's there and I was the only one that went out..not sure what was going on.

Pulltab

the campground power did not go out, because we had a few rv's there and I was the only one that went out..not sure what was going on.
Well, hard to guess then. I can guarantee you though that having it stop low voltage is in your best interests. :)

2010augusta

I installed the EMS-HW50C a few months ago, and feel much better seeing what the campground power is doing. I installed it myself in the basement right next to the transfer relay. It did not take more than a couple hours, would have been easier if I did not already have a 2 gallon air compressor install in the same area. I also ordered the charge monitor for the charge wizard system for the intelipower 12 volt converter. Now I can know what the battery charging system is doing too, and it only cost $10.00.