refrigerator - gas or electric, which is more efficient

2010augusta

We are having an issue with our refrigerator. I was running it on 110 volt, but it would not stay cold. I switched it over to run on L.P. and now it is staying cold. It is very hot outside during the daytime, 104 degree high temps. Is it common for the fridge to work better on gas than electric? How much propane can I expect to use running on gas for the next 7 weeks?

I know I still need to get a tech to inspect the unit, but we don't want to pack up and move to a different city on our few days off, just to have them tell me it will take a few more days to figure out or they don't have the parts and I will have to came back next week. We have to have the trailer or we're living in a hotel.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mine works slightly more efficient on propane however it should cool okay both on electric or gas. Sounds like you might have a problem.

lhetsler

Gas or Electric

I too find that I get a couple degrees cooler on gas, but mainly gas operation seems to be able to keep up better with door openings and stuffed refers. It seem to cool back down faster.

thomasinnv

it does not use much propane at all. you can go several months on a fill up with only the fridge being used.

geeksrus

Ours seems to cool better on propane... not a big difference although. We keep ours at 3 'coolness' level.

Eh!