Northtrail 21 FBS water heater

bwinters

I bought a 2010 Northtrail 21 FBS trailer and can not figure out how to turn on and light the hot water heater on "GAS"....I have opened the hot water heater cover (located on the back left rear of the trailer) and taken the "cotter key" out of the switch and turned the switch to "On". The water heater works fine on electric and heats up when I have the "red switch" (located in the bathroom) turned on, but I have no idea how to make the water heater work on GAS! There isn't any kind of "pilot light" knob or "heat regulater" switch located there either, so I don't know how or if you can regulate the temperature of the water once you have the heater working.

If anyone out there owns a "21 FBS" and can help me out I sure would be greatful.

Thanks,

Billy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Billy, I don't have a 21FBS but the water heater LP operation should be controlled by a switch on the monitor panel. There are 3 switches on the lower panel. "Test", "Pump" and "Heater". The heater can be operated on both LP & 110 simultaneously but normally should only be used on one or the other. Flipping the "Heater" switch on lights the water heater automatically. No pilot lights any more.

jnbhobe

Billy;On your monitor panel there are three switches. The first on the left is for tank capacities second is water pump switch and the third is the propane HW heater.there is a little red light beside it that goes out when the HWH lights. You may have to bleed the line to get propane back there from the bottles.thats the way it is on a big horn I think they are all the same with electronic controls. JON;););)

kampfirekid

Sometimes I light the stove first just to purge air out of the line in our 31BHD. If the HWH does not light after 3 tries (if I recall correctly) because of air, the switch needs to be shut off and back on to reset the heater. Then it will start it's relighting sequence again.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sometimes I light the stove first just to purge air out of the line in our 31BHD. If the HWH does not light after 3 tries (if I recall correctly) because of air, the switch needs to be shut off and back on to reset the heater. Then it will start it's relighting sequence again.
I think you're right kampfirekid.:eek: I forgot to mention that. I think the furnace has a similar safety feature.