Strange happenings with TV

CrazyScotsman

The strangest thing started happening, once we all went to digital.
If I am sitting in living room of the BH watching the telly, everything works fine, that is till my DW goes into the bedroom and turns the telly in there on, then the TV in living room, looses most of it's channels, turn telly off in bedroom then channels come back on in living room.
Anyone know why this would be doing this ?. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: As i say it just started happening since the big change over to digital.
Samsung TV in Living room, Jensen I think in bedroom.

Theresau

There can be issues with strength of signal in the wiring - sounds like the bedroom tv is getting the greater strength - I assume this is antennae?

kkamshop

Ours gets more channels in the bedroom too Ken.

We are thinking of adding another booster in the living room. Does anyone know if that will work?

CrazyScotsman

Theresa... yes this is while using antenna.
Question is though, why did this only start after we went to digital?
Ken & Kathy, Has your always been like that ? or just recently.

Lefty... They make a little Blue pill for that problem. :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check your switch box/amplifier to be certain all of the switches are in the antenna position. Also check the switch box amplifier to see the cables (coax) are hooked up correctly. You should have an antenna in wire (coax from antenna to box), then antenna out from TV1, TV2, Aux. Disconnect each individually to see when you loose signal to be sure it is connected correctly.

Theresau

Would make sense that digital would take more signal considering what is being delivered vs. analog. I too ran into this with my travel trailer - I assumed that when using both that I weakened the signal (as there is only 1 input wire).

Theresa