Shorten the cabinets?

ChopperBill

Has any thought about or actually shortened the cabinets on the 3055 over the sink? I think cutting off the bottom two shelves would make the unit a lot more livable. The cabinet gets in the way of you head while at the sink and it sure cuts off the view to the living room. I think you could see the TV from the dinning table also if the cabinet was cut down.
259686164.jpg

Barry & Alana

I think they have moved the cabinet back or its narrower in the new models versus ours which is a few years old now. When we stood by the new counter it seemed to have more room. Maybe someone with a new 3055 could confirm this.

jimtoo

Our 08 3055RL is identical to the 06, 07 as far as the cabinet size go. The quality in the 08 is so much better than the 06 we had. If the cabinets above the sink were higher above the sink, (taking some off the bottom), a lot of people could not reach the cabinets to use them.

Jim M

Barry & Alana

Ithink it would look nice to have inserts in the cabinet door. Would you use plastic or glass?

And to Jim2 - I think the new model we saw was a 2009. Perhaps your boss :) JimB could verify from the factory if trhey have modified the size over the sink. I also measured our cabinet over the sink - 19x40.

Last edited:

soilmovers

Ithink it would look nice to have inserts in the cabinet door. Would you use plastic or glass?

And to Jim2 - I think the new model we saw was a 2009. Perhaps your boss :) JimB could verify from the factory if trhey have modified the size over the sink.

I would prefer glass but there are breakage issues with that. Maybe leaded glass would be stronger.

Plexi could have an etched design or frosted. Still thinking....................

Cindy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have glass inserts in some of our cabinets. What a pain... I would rather have a wooden insert, that way if I have a messy cabinet you cant see it.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
We had the glass door with all the switches and controls replaced with a regular wooded cabinet door when we ordered ours from the factory. Maybe you can order one from heartland.

ChopperBill

Renee kinda nixed the idea. Said we may look into replacing it with a 3610RE. Man! I just about got this thing fine tuned!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Keep the unit you have now and just get a new 3610RE for the camping trips when you need to see the tv from the dinning table or you need the extra view. Problem solved! :)