South Carolina Rally Update

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
SC Heartland Rally Update:

The SC annual Heartland Owners Rally is coming along. It will be held at Willow Tree Resort in Longs, SC near Myrtle Beach, SC. As a reminder, the dates are: Check in Friday, October 2 and check out on Sunday, October 4. I have made arrangements again this year with Camper Country, the local Heartland dealer to put on a mini RV clinic on Saturday late morning. The topic to be covered is still to be determined. Last year, they covered all aspects of winterizing as well as a Q&A on anything. They also have a nice inventory of Heartland product and allowed us to tour the various models and ask questions as well. They did a very nice job.

As you may already know, we have reserved 10 sites for our rally. We can add more but we have to fill these first. In addition since it is a busy time for the campground, we only have until August 2 to make reservations and be guaranteed all of the sites together. After August 2, they go back into general rental again. Reservations After August 2nd will be on a first come first serve basis, so get those reservations in!

At this time, we are planning a breakfast get together for Saturday morning. It’s a great time to get acquainted. We are also planning for a pot luck dinner on Saturday night.

For those looking to plan a route to Willow Tree Resort, the address is 520 Southern Sights Dr. Longs, SC 29568. P: 866-207-2267 or 843-756-4334. The GPS coordinates are: N33 58’ 30” W78 43’ 13”

Anyone with suggestions, questions or comments can PM me or email to philsmith10@yahoo.com.

I look forward to seeing all of you Heartlanders!

Phil

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Just a friendly warning. If using GPS you have to put Old Buck Creek rd in for the address Also when your GPS says you have a 1/2 mile to go, you need be on the brakes.

We ran right past it a few weeks ago, went up the road about a mile and turned around. In the the office, we were laughing about it. The lady behind the counter said most people do that. LOL For some reason the GPS is using the driveway, about a half of mile long, as part of the distance.

This place is well worth the drive. Hope to see alot of people there.
Thanks Phil for picking such a great place.