Water leak--bedroom floor--left side

aatauses

Hi everyone----We have a BH3670 and have a water leak each time it rains. The rug in the bedroom on the left side of the bed(near the nightstand) is wet. I checked outside and it appears all the rubber gaskets are in place on the slide and both look the same except water is somehow coming in on one side---looking for suggestions in areas to look?
Also, anyone having an issue with the plywood on the bottom of the slides starting to delaminate? Any fix?
thanks
aatauses

jonesj2

This seems to be a common problem with Heartland and other products. You can do a search here and find many others who have experienced the same problem.

Take the rubber off around the slide, look under the slide to the left corner and you will see a piece of metal that is suppose to act like a dam/deverter. If you put chaulk in that corner of the metal and wood it should stop the leak. That is how I fixed mine. I still may get a little inside if the trailer is out of level and leaning to the door side. Hope this helps.

tmcran

Hi everyone----We have a BH3670 and have a water leak each time it rains. The rug in the bedroom on the left side of the bed(near the nightstand) is wet. I checked outside and it appears all the rubber gaskets are in place on the slide and both look the same except water is somehow coming in on one side---looking for suggestions in areas to look?
Also, anyone having an issue with the plywood on the bottom of the slides starting to delaminate? Any fix?
thanks
aatauses

The leak is common on the front bedroom slide. They worked on mine for almost 2 months and had to replace the bottom sweep as it would not drain out the weep holes correctly. The delamination is also common and there is a repair kit that will fix that and had mine done by the dealer as a warranty item. If out of warranty, kit can be ordered from Heartland. ReallY a good fix and IMO should come from the factory that way.

aatauses

Thanks guys,
Still under warrenty, but will call service and see if they will sent me the kit (easier than finding a dealer when on the road). I spent some time in the rain the other day and took your advice, in addition I found that when it was raining water hit the side of the slide and on one side it went to the ground, the other side was a different issue. It traveled down the slide to the angle piece and then traveled back to the bedroom rather than going to the ground. After it quit raining I decovered the calk on one side actully encouraged the water to stay on the angle and travel back to the bedroom. Will put some more calk on the angle and calk the metal you piece you spoke about.
aatauses

Dave

Traveling Two
Our 2010 Sundance 3300SK had a leak in the same place. We took it back to the vendor and he adjusted something under the external swipe and it hasn't leaked since. This internal adjustment might be the "sweep" tmcran mentioned. Seems this adjustment should have been performed when the vendor received the unit esp since this is a common problem. The external swipe isn't for water proofing the slide, it's job is to wipe off water while the slide out is being retracted according to the vendor. I wasn't aware of a repair kit for the delamination issue but good to know it's out there. Good luck.

aatauses

Repair kit for plywood delaminating on the slide---I recieved this kit from the mfg, however not what I thought?? and with no instructions. If someone has installed these on their slides can you send me a picture/or instructions on installation.
thanks.

jbeletti

aatauses,

Call Charles Yoder at Parkland Industries at 574-825-4336 and see if they can email you some instructions.

Jim

tmcran

Repair kit for plywood delaminating on the slide---I recieved this kit from the mfg, however not what I thought?? and with no instructions. If someone has installed these on their slides can you send me a picture/or instructions on installation.
thanks.

Are you talking about the delamination on the bottom of the slides? I got the instuctions on line but the dealer did it for me. Good fix.

HappyKayakers

Ref delamination on bottom of slides. I just noticed that recently on several of my slides. Waited until the forecast was for dry weather for at least a week. Applied wood hardener http://www.pcepoxy.com/woodproducts/woodpetrif.asp
then caulked the exposed portion of the plywood after it dried. I think if the trim had been properly attached, this would not have been a problem.
I also had problems with water running into the bedroom via that bottom piece of trim. I took a small piece of reusable putty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu_Tack
and shaped it on the top edge of the trim, directly under the side seal.

dlg449

Mine leaked in the same place. I held the weatherstrip open with a block of wood and built a silicone dam just behind it on the vertical strip that runs along the side on the bottom. Water would run along the top of the strip and past the weatherstrip to the inside. Hope this helps.

aatauses

Thanks everyone, I took your advice and think??? I have the bedroom slide leak fixed?? Did some recalking on the bottom angle piece and put a "little" calk dam near the weatherstripping. appreciate all the help.
Jim, I will call Charles on the installation instructions, also TMCRAN, you mentioned you had found some instrutions on line, where??
thanks, aatauses

tmcran

I have looked and looked and can't find where I saw it. Call HL and I'm sure they will send the instructions.

aatauses

Hi everyone, I called Parkland Industries, Charles was out but chatted with Rex who was very helpful, however as we chatted I have a different problem than what the "kit' was designed to do. The kit is for the bottom where the rollers move the slide, an I will install them there for future protection. My delamination is coming from the plywood that is on the side of the slides on the bottom. If you compare the bedroom slide, it has a small piece of angle covering the side of the slide and wrapping around the bottom, but the other slides do not, only the edge of the plywood that is painted, but is starting to delaminate---anyone with this side delamination?? and how did you fix it?
aatauses

tmcran

Hi everyone, I called Parkland Industries, Charles was out but chatted with Rex who was very helpful, however as we chatted I have a different problem than what the "kit' was designed to do. The kit is for the bottom where the rollers move the slide, an I will install them there for future protection. My delamination is coming from the plywood that is on the side of the slides on the bottom. If you compare the bedroom slide, it has a small piece of angle covering the side of the slide and wrapping around the bottom, but the other slides do not, only the edge of the plywood that is painted, but is starting to delaminate---anyone with this side delamination?? and how did you fix it?
aatauses

Could you get a pic of the problem? Are you talking about the bottom of the slide? When I had the material coming off the bottom of the slides there was plywood underneath , it was beginning to open up due to water getting on the wood not covered by the black material comng off.After the repair then the wood is not exposed.

SmokeyBare

The fix is to do what the plastic "L" angle was doing. Sealing the edge of the plywood so no water can penetrate the edge of the plywood. The water flows down the sides of the slide rooms... and drips off the edge of the floor or underside of the slide room.

I had a piece of that plastic angle come lose... I re-attached it with a heavy layer of silicon caulking. I taped the plastic angle until the caulking cured. One other place to keep an eye on is the bed room slide floor. the lower aluminum trim is what protects water from reaching the plywood edge of the floor. Keep an eye on the caulking on this area as well.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Mine had a leak on the left (towards rear) but it got wet on top of the carpet just under the bed and ran down to the floor. The dealer found where some calking on the roof of the slide or on the slide side was missing. the rechalked and all is well. It had to be a real hard rain for it to leak.

aatauses

The issue is where water comes down the slide wall and then "hits" the plywood and that is where I am getting the delamination. I did put some glue on it and will also put some calk on it too(the metal from the slide does not go over the exposed plywood). Has anyone tried to put a small angle plastic on these edges? Will that interfere with the operation of the slide? I have a few pictures, can someone give me directions on how to post them--thanks
aatauses