Stolen: Water Line Gadget

SilverRhino

I really enjoy this forum......it is always full of interesting posts.....not all might apply to your unit or situation...but....all are interesting!

A couple of nights ago I was reading the new posts and ran across one dealing with clearing water lines and sewer flush line on our units. TXBOBCAT posted a photo of a "gadget" he put together to make this easier.

So today while cleaning up in the garage....I went through some left over plumbing fittings...and "stealing" TXBOBCAT's idea .... I added a valve for control and made one for myself. Wish I knew how to quote an old post in a new one so that I could show the original and my "pirated" copy!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    640 KB · Views: 180

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Rhino
Nice mod. I didn't put a valve in because I set my compressor to a maximum of 15psi, Screw the adaptor into the water connection, plug it into the compressor hose, and turn on the compressor. It will build up a pressure and turn off. I go through the trailer and open a faucet and let it blow out all the water. Go to the next faucet until they have all been cleared.

I go out and turn off the compressor. Disconnect and I am done.

Be sure you clear out the black water flush and the water pump. I forgot mine and broke the plastic pump when it froze.
BC

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
Thanks for the picture. I miised the first post, this will make winterizing a lot easier than having the wife help.

2010augusta

I might try the same thing, but add a pressure regulator, so I do not have to climb in to the basement a turn the pressure down on the on board compressor.

Bobby A

Hay Rhino
Nice mod. I didn't put a valve in because I set my compressor to a maximum of 15psi, Screw the adaptor into the water connection, plug it into the compressor hose, and turn on the compressor. It will build up a pressure and turn off. I go through the trailer and open a faucet and let it blow out all the water. Go to the next faucet until they have all been cleared.

I go out and turn off the compressor. Disconnect and I am done.

Be sure you clear out the black water flush and the water pump. I forgot mine and broke the plastic pump when it froze.
BC

Don't forget the hot & cold water lines for the washer/Dryer hookups if you have them

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A simple answer to winterizing your rig. Become a "winter Texan" and travel to Texas in the winter to avoid the freezing temps.:D;):D I know some of you still have to work, but I had to try...None

creeper

Very interesting... I do love gadgets, but here is what I do..

1. Open every facet, including the outside shower.
2. Turn the bypass for the hot water heater and have it previously drained.
3. Pull out the air hose and fill up the compressor.
4. Open the cold low point drain.
5. Using a rubber tipped air nozzle I put it to the low point drain. Pressure unimportant as there is nearly no pressure build up with all the drains open.
6. Wait till all the water is out and I can hear air coming out of the facets and have wife put foot on toilet fill.
7. Turn kitchen sink to hot water side.
8. Open hot water low point drain.
10. Put air nozzle on hot side and wait till all water is out and blowing water.
11. Done...

Maybe I'll have to try one of those fancy gizmos you guys are making. :)

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
A simple answer to winterizing your rig. Become a "winter Texan" and travel to Texas in the winter to avoid the freezing temps.:D;):D I know some of you still have to work, but I had to try...None

Who says you can't work AND fulltime??!!:D:D

It seems some folks' idea of winterizing and ours is a bit different, huh! ;) :cool: