High pitch noise - irritating me!!!!!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
OK, you all will probably laugh at me like my wife did.

Ever since we purchased our new Landmark there has been this high pitched tone emitting from around the 19" television in the bedroom. For as long as I could I tried to ignore it but recently I had to correct it. It was not coming from the ampliied antenna so it could only be something from the TV. The tone was like those older cameras, when you turned on the flash you could hear the flash tone wind-up. Well this is what I was hearing, and I don't just mean when I walk by the TV, I mean I can hear it at night when I am supposed to be sleeping. Maybe I am a bit too sensitive but It bugged the heck out of me. I decided to call ASA and talk with them about it. They suggested that I unplug the power from the TV to see if the TV was back feeding into the power supply. For those who do not understand, the power supply for this particular TV is like that of a laptop computer. the TV is actually a 12 volt unit. It also came with a cigarette adapter. Anyway, I did what they suggested but to no success. The noise was still there. I called them back and told them and they politely sent me another power supply, unfortunately it did the same thing so I decided I needed to do something else to fix this. I decided to mount the power supply inside of the cabinet next to the TV and feed the wires through the wal back to the TV. AAAHHHHHH!!!! that is much better. No more noise and I am again a happy camper.

Your anal retentive friend,
Mark

Attachments

• 100_0216.JPG
    100_0216.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_0219.JPG
    100_0219.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_0221.JPG
    100_0221.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_0223.JPG
    100_0223.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_0224.JPG
    100_0224.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 28

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Jim,
Welcome back and hope your trip was awesome.

Haven't seen that movie, now I am curious, may have to rent it.

Mark