Under-mount Sink Issue

2010augusta

I was doing the dishes today, and notice that the under-mount sink has began to separate from the counter top. I looked at the bottom of the sink and to my surprise/dismay there are NO clips holding the front of the sink in-place. I will be calling heartland service in the morning to get some replacement hardwear, but thought I would pass along the warning to look at your sinks and make sure they are installed correctly. Two full bowls of dish-water and a falling sink could be really ugly.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I had the same thing happen to mine last year. I ended up adding a temporary brace then got it fixed permanently at a later time.

Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Would it be easier, faster and maybe more convenient to just go to your local home center and buy a few clips? I'm not saying the factory shouldn't do anything about this but we're only talking a couple bucks and a few minutes with a screwdriver.

2010augusta

I didn't know if the hardware would be any different in the RV setting, My luck is that it is never the stuff I can buy at ACE hardware, and I did not want to possibly damage the counter-top.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I didn't know if the hardware would be any different in the RV setting, My luck is that it is never the stuff I can buy at ACE hardware, and I did not want to possibly damage the counter-top.
There is a half inch of wood that you can get a screw into. The RV sink/counter top setup is the same as residential. No Worries!:D Heck, if you were here, I'd do it for ya.;)

2010augusta

Nither ACE nor MG building supply has the under-mount clips, so I had to make a guess and order a set on-line from Home Depot. Garry at HL service said thay would reimburse me for the cost. HL Service is GREAT.

Bobby A

I get water under the sink, thats getting in from in between the sink and countertop, not sure if I should put a clear bead of caulk around the sink. Any thoughts or suggestions ??

2010augusta

The clips I got from Home Depot would not work with the sink in the trailer, but the factory sent me some that worked just fine.