AC Power

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
We have a 09 3250TS and keep it at our place in western MD. We use the camper two to three times a month. My question is can I leave it pluged in
to ac power when we are gone. So far I have not and have to disconnect battery or it goes dead. The ac circuit is 30 amp.

Thanks, Mike

jbeletti

Yes - it is not a problem leaving it plugged in all the time. Don't forget to turn off any AC and DC powered items that are not being used. Especially the furnace, fans and air conditioner.

Finally, don't forget about battery maintenance. Have the AC power on all the time will power the converter which will keep the battery charged. Part of the maintenance requires you to keep the cells topped off with distilled water (unless you are using a sealed battery).

Jim

wdk450

Might be time to replace battery

We have a 09 3250TS and keep it at our place in western MD. We use the camper two to three times a month. My question is can I leave it pluged in
to ac power when we are gone. So far I have not and have to disconnect battery or it goes dead. The ac circuit is 30 amp.

Thanks, Mike

Mike:
Although the rig is fairly new, once a lead acid battery has been deep discharged without immediate recharge several times it won't work well any more. You might have experienced this with a car in your past.
You might consider wiring in a 2nd battery while replacing the 1st.
My dealer added this for me at purchase, and had a vented battery box for it.