Ceiling trim

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Ok I may have lost my first attempt at this question. While getting the trailer ready for a trip I noticed that a trim piece in the bedroom is hanging down. Are these trim pieces glued or stapled into place? I did not see any staples but the ceiling tile feels like there could be staples. I have a brad nailer and could nail it back into place if there is any thing to nail into.

Thanks for the help, Butch

jbeletti

Butch,

It this the trim in the BH that goes around the perimeter where the wall meets the ceiling? It is likely brad nailed in place with the holes then filled. Use short brads and go through the trim and into the wall. Others who own a BH may be able to add a finer point to this. I am moving this over to the BH Interior forum.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Butch, if this is the white trim that goes from wall to wall you could use a brad nailer. At least thats what our dealer did when we had one come loose. A little white finger nail polish and your set. BTW, white velcro would work also. Bob:D

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I talked with Chris from customer service and he said the trim has staples pre installed in the trim. He advised that I could use short brads or glue or a combination of both.

Thanks Chris (California rep) at customer service.

SilverRhino

If you have access to a "pin" nailer that would be the best option...in MHO.

Pin nails are great for trim.....so fine you usually don't even need to fill the holes.....no real head on these....they are like wire....put in at an angle they have plenty of holding power for light trim....again just my opinion :eek:

guitarpicr

I had a section come loose on mine also - I used clear silicone & propped it in place with pieces of 1x2 for a couple hours till it set up . Dont need much silicone .- Seems to be holding good.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Thanks for the question. I was just looking as I have the same issue. Sagging in BR Kit and LR.
Thanks
Wayne

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have one piece of ceiling trim that is pulled away a bit but have been afraid to nail it back in place for fear of having the nail go through the ceiling! I just kind of look at it hanging there hoping it will fix itself! So...how long of a brad can safely be used and what exactly will I be nailing in to?

Many thanks!