Spam

creeper

I'm getting spamed from noreply [at] message [dot] my space [dot] com through this forum email address... Just a heads up..

Last edited by a moderator:

linuxkidd

Hey Creeper...
Please send me the entire contents of that email as a PM. Make sure to include all the headers if you can.

Typically, this type of thing happens because there's no checks on incoming email that the sender is legitimate. In other words, someone in China could just as easily send you an email saying it's from heartlandowners.org as anyone we could.

That said, we do implement a few anti-spam measures, but they're only good if the receiving domain checks them. Since neither of the two key systems are 100% utilized, no one really blocks from senders that aren't using these systems. It's a complicated problem that was never really planned for by the original designers of the email system we use today.

For any propeller heads out there, I've built the new email server to use both of the following anti-spam technologies:
1. Domain Keys whose main proponent is Yahoo.
2. Sender Policy Framework.

Both of the above aim to create some way of verifying that the email being received is actually being sent by someone who's authorized to send email for the email address in the 'From' line.

Thanks all,
LK