caulking

davebennington

While at the rally in Goshen I had some work done on our Landmmark, the tech used a caulking compound called Sikaflex. I did not realize just how many different types of caulking were available. Can someone at the factory tell me which one I should purchase in order to duplicate the factory caulked seams.

Thanks,

Dave

Birchwood

I would also be interested in the name of the factory caulking.Anything I have used always turns brown within a couple weeks

Wharton

I think the sikaflex(sp?) is a permanent, life time caulking if applied correctly. I just started hearing about it at Goshen from Master Tech. I am curious if this is the standard caulking Heartland uses on the Big Horn and from what serial number on................

One other comment, this caulking cannot be applied over the old caulking. The old caulking needs to be totally removed!!!

aatauses

I think??? it is sikaflex 521??--Can be purchased in marine stores and maybe some larger rv stores. You can also search on the web.
al

robnmo

While at the rally in Goshen I had some work done on our Landmmark, the tech used a caulking compound called Sikaflex. I did not realize just how many different types of caulking were available. Can someone at the factory tell me which one I should purchase in order to duplicate the factory caulked seams.

Thanks,

Dave

Sikaflex-UV521, says guarnteed for 1 yr after application. I just removed and reapplied new to several caulking joints on the front of our RV it's less than a yr old, but several spots were loose or obvious gaps. Also since this is talking about caulking, something you might want to check is remove the entrance assist handles, we had what looked like plumbers puddy at both screw mounting holes to keep water out from behind the laminated sides, but the handles obviously were put on after the doors were caulked, there was no caulking between the door handle mounting brackets and door moulding. Might be a place to check when going over caulking.

K

karykatz

To all,

We use Sikaflex 521UV White caulk. The UV (ulta violet) is the key to it not turning brown. You shouldnt have to remove old caulk unless it is cracking.

I hope this helps.

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
To all,

We use Sikaflex 521UV White caulk. The UV (ulta violet) is the key to it not turning brown. You shouldnt have to remove old caulk unless it is cracking.

I hope this helps.

Kary,

What are you using on the full body painted Landmark rigs?

Thanks.