New shelf by couch

2010augusta

With the home-made ottoman, the DW and I enjoy setting on the couch, so we need a place to set drinks and remotes. The table top for the dog kennel works great for the right side, but we wanted something for under the window. I went to Wal-mart and bought a display shelf from the craft department and stained it cherry to match the rest of the wood work. Now we have a cheap side table for the sofa. Here are some pictures.

Aren't the corgis cute?

Attachments

• DSCN4407 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN4407 (Medium).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCN4408 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN4408 (Medium).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN4409 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN4409 (Medium).JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 306

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Very cool mod. I may have to borrow that one for ours. Thanks for sharing.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
The Corgis are adorable! Ours thinks the couch is hers ust like yours do. Oh, and the shelf is nice too! :D:D:D

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW what a simple thing to do. Looks great. And yes we use the dog cage for a table too!!.

Jim & Harriet

great idea! we added shelves in the bedroom, and i'd like one by the couch.
this idea looks like something i'd like to "borrow" from you to use in our sundance. how did you attach it to the wall?

2010augusta

The pre-made shelf had two "picture frame" type hangers on it already, so I am currently using them. If issues arise, I will insert screws through the brace into the studs on either side of the window. The current setup is surprisingly strong, Our 23# Corgi has stood with her front paws up on the shelf to look out the window.

sjrellis

But what type of wall anchor did you use?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2010augusta

But what type of wall anchor did you use?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

none, i just used a couple small screws directly into the wall board. Like I said if problems arise I will remount with anchors or into the studs, but for now it is working with just the screws and hangers.

Jim & Harriet

shelf

thanks for the info. i know you said it has been stable so we might give it a try.
our 15 lb. rat terrier like to sit an look out that window - i know he'd enjoy the shelf.