Gooseneck Trailer for everyone..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I thought this was very innovative. If it doesn't work the way you want, get a gooseneck trailer..

This eliminates the need to weld a gooseneck hitch on a fiver.
People are actually staying in this trailer. It was in the Flintstone RV Park here in SD..
DSC_2116.jpg

DSC_2117.jpg

DSC_2118.jpg

This eliminates the need for more room.
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just when you thought you saw everything... (my sister in law sent me this houseboat photo)

Attachments

• ATT23913.jpg
    ATT23913.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 116

SilverRhino

I really like the steps on the first pic.....no need to worry about lube....paint or leaving them down!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The first 3 pictures were taken here in Custer SD.

The last 2 were taken in McKinney, TX. about 6 months ago.

2010augusta

I have to wonder what kind of clearance issues they have? and how many campgrounds turn them away. Getting the TV out of a "back-in" site could be interesting too.

truknutt

Committed Member
The first 3 pictures were taken here in Custer SD.

The last 2 were taken in McKinney, TX. about 6 months ago.

Now I kinda understand the McKinney Texas rig. It appears he might be hauling the Jeep on the back end. The Custer SD rig is just really sad..it probably wouldn't pass safety inspection, they had reservations already made and it just so happened there was a gooseneck equipment trailer out back of the shop. :rolleyes:

FOLKS this is called good old American ingenuity. ;) It represents the very ideas that led to the Industrial Revolution that helped to shape this Country and to propel it into the forefront of manufacturing. Of course then a bunch of Business school grads thought that it would be cheaper to farm out the labor ......(end of soapbox)..:rolleyes:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it looks like I am lucky. I just ran into another inovative RV.

I should change this thread to another name.

DSC_2314.jpg

DSC_2315.jpg

DSC_2316.jpg

This was up in the Broken Arrow RV in Custer SD. Boy if you travel with horses that is a good place to stay, but if you never had horses you may not like the .... Perfume :D...

BC

truknutt

Committed Member
So would that be considered a Class "C" diesel puller? I wonder how you tilt the cab to access the engine? Gotta love an old C-series FORD!!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Yeah, but look at the steps. They are better then the first set of pics. Handrail is all that is needed. Truknutt, they most like cut out everything inside the cab, so you can service the engine while driving down the road. No tilt

Niles

I was going to ask Bob what kind of campgrounds he stays at, then I saw that the last one is at Broken Arrow, what can you tell me about this place we're planning on going there next year, and just wondering what the place is like. Thanks

Wallace

Okay the first couple of picture really displays the stupidity of the person.
Look at the cinder blocks under the landing gear...You don't use blocks that way.
They are used with the webbing facing down not sideways there is no strength to a block this way.
Never the less...have you ever rolled a cinderblock while steping on to it....
The top step looks like it would be fun to fall on:rolleyes:
And just to think I second guess some of the stuff I do.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If you have horses Broken Arrow or Fort Welikit would be a good place to stay. Fort Welikit has a lot of trees. Broken Arrow is more open. If it were me I would go to Broken Arrow and stable my horses. Fort Welikeit would be my second choice.

If you do not have horses you may not be comfortable at these campgrounds. They have the pugnant odor of a barn or stable. You know. Horse manure.

If you would like a nice campground I would suggest the one were we are staying. Custers Gulch RV Park. We have plenty of room between sites, seperated by grass and are reasonably level. All the services are at the back of each site. If your intrested here is the web site. http://www.custersgulch.com/

If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know and I will attempt find out for you. If you wish I will take some pictures of the campground and post them for you.

BC

Niles

Thanks Bob, that's a big help, we plan to be there at next year's bike rally. We've been in the area several times, but always stayed at the Rafter J, however their rates are getting a little high for us. Horse s___ll doesn't brother us that much, grew up raising hogs, no smell there!:rolleyes: Besides if it gets on you, you have more elbow room at restaurants.:D

truknutt

Committed Member
Yeah, but look at the steps. They are better then the first set of pics. Handrail is all that is needed. Truknutt, they most like cut out everything inside the cab, so you can service the engine while driving down the road. No tilt

I was waitin' for the crack, " just wait until it's on the hook...it's a Ford!"

Dern, did it myself! :mad:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yep it's a Ford.. Nothing else would have worked in tha situation.

I am just wondering what the white stuff is on the outside of the doors.

Maybe they just came up from the gulf and the gulls have been resting on the mirrors.

Hum....

BC