Dealer went belly up!

brunsje

We picked up our 2010 3200RE the day before my wife's birthday! A couple weeks later the dealer went belly-up! Jim May- Findlay, Ohio

The factory was as surprised as we were! A dealer has been secured in Toledo, All-American Coach. However, when we visited to inquire about warranty work, the first question was "Did you buy it here?" The second statement out of his mouth was..."Bring it in and we'll try and look at it in 2 weeks! The Service Manager was the rudest person I have ever encountered! I did contact the factory, and let them know how we were treated! Some friends of ours who own a motorhome had the same experience but they bought it there! Obviously, we will never go back to them!

My question to anyone in NW Ohio/SE Mich do you have a dealer you would recommend? The factory said we could bring it to the dealer by them, which we are probably going to do!

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
JerryTry contacting General RV in Brownstown Mich they do good work and are a Heartland Dealer pnone number 734-284-5500 good luck TRAVELER07

imchud

Hey Jerry...
We also purchased our 2009 3385 from Jim May, It was a bit disapointing because we live about 3 mile from the dealer:(. Stay away from all american coach, they're jerks!!! Heartland told me to take it to "any" rv service repair place I wanted and they would approve it. Findlay has a good one called Sparks, located on state Rt. 12 just east of town about 3 to 4 miles. They do all kinds of RV work, and they will work with Heartland on a warranty basis, very nice guys, give them a shot...

Tommy

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
brunsje,
First off congratulations on your purchase. We too have had our dealer go belly up. I chose to take our Landmark over to Elkhart to RV Capital Service Center. Randy the manager there is top notch and will get your warranty need taken care of. They also are very competant to do any modifications you may desire. It is well worth the trip over there. It took me about 4 hours to get there so I took it over on a Sunday, stayed at the Elkhart Campground then take it over on Monday morning.

Good luck,
Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
And you can eat that great Amish cooking while you are there. Yum Yum

Attachments

• Essenhaus sign.JPG
    Essenhaus sign.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 19

4ever

We also purchased a Bighorn 3410RE from Jim May back in April. Very supprised they went out of business. They were very good to work with. We live close to All American Coach and contacted them. The Service Manager I worked with seemend Ok. I discussed that I purchased from Jim May and that they went out of business. Did not purchase from them because they did not handle the Bighorn line at the time. Took my unit to them and they have ordered the parts needed from Heartland (all warranty work). It has been there for a few weeks however, this was do to Heartland having some parts on backorder. I talked with Heartland on Friday and they said all parts just shipped Thursday to the dealer. We will now see how long it takes. So far they have been good and have communicated with me.

brunsje

I called RV Capital Service on Monday, took it in on Tuesday, got it back on Wednesday! (Only because I forgot the part that Heartland sent me).

Talk about service! Friendly! Knowledgable! If you live ANYWHERE within driving distance of Elkhart, by all means call RV Capital Service! We stayed in our coach Tuesday night, in their service bay! We were able to talk to other customers who were also having work done. All agreed it was worth the trip! One of the cusomers said that Randy found a couple of problems with his unit that he didn't even see (such as the fiberglass nose cap spidering) and took care of those problems!

Keep in mind I personally went to All American Coach and was told 2-2.5 weeks BEFORE they could even look at it!

Randy and Rhonda were top-notch in my book! I recommend them highly!

Oh yes the food in Amish country is fantastic!

And so is the RV Hall of Fame!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
brumsje,
That is really good to hear. Glad you got all your issues dealt with. Also glad you got to experience some of the local cuisine. Make sure you get signed up for the national rally in 2010 in Nashville then in 2011 back in Goshen. It's a blast.

Mark