Attention CYCYLONE owners!!

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Chris and I are really looking into buying a Cyclone. Actually we ARE :D getting one but we can't decide which one to get. The 3850 or 3950. Do any of yall have pictures of yours. Especially with the slides in. We like to stop at rest areas and eat in the RV, so we want to know how well we can get to the fridge? Someone down the street from us here in Smithfield bought one and I am so tempted to ask to look inside. I know sounds wierd but the closest dealership is 4 hours away from us. That's quite a long drive just to look at one. We wont be buying one until we get our 2009 tax return so we still have plenty of time to decide!

Thanks yall,

Kim S.

porthole

Retired
We bought the smaller Cyclone, the 3010.
When I was looking one of the main things I was looking at was access with the slides in.

The Cyclone was the only brand that did not require climbing over the couch to get in with the slide in.

Using the rear door we can get in to fridge and sink with complete access. The front door access has about 8" of space between the cabinet and the couch, just enough to get in without climbing.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Kim,
Chances are if someone owns a Cyclone, they would love the opportunity to show it to you and tell you anything you wanted to know. Don't discount the possibility of asking the people down the street. They might be looking for an excuse to show it off!
Kristy

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Ziggy's right - I'll show my Cyclone anytime! Go on down the street and talk to them...and tell them about the forum while you're there!

With this one, 3950, you can't go in the front door and access anything except the main bathroom and bedroom. The slide with the couch stops about 1/2" from the countertop. If you go in the back door, you can enter into the living room via the door from the garage. With the kitchen slide in, you can only open the fridge door about 6", but full access to the freezer and microwave.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Thanks yall for the response. My husband thinks I am crazy for wanting to go talk to the Cyclone owners down the street. I was secretly hoping they were members of this forum and would have seen this post. HEHE

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sometimes mine thinks I'm nuts too, but he enjoys the RV that I spent all that time researching and asking questions about. :D

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks yall for the response. My husband thinks I am crazy for wanting to go talk to the Cyclone owners down the street. I was secretly hoping they were members of this forum and would have seen this post. HEHE

Go for it.. someone's gotta break the ice!!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I look forward to going to rallies and meeting yall awesome Heartland owners!!

Tandumb,

Have you signed up for the Virginia Fall Rally in Cape Hatteras the weekend of September 25 - 27?? Great way to jump in and meet Heartland owners. Last count I think there were 30 sites reserved and folks coming from Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Carol and I are new to Heartland as well and this will be our first Heartland rally. We are really excited about meeting all these "new found friends" we don't know yet.

Hope you can make it.

Keith

Rigmover06

Showing Off..

Kim,
Chances are if someone owns a Cyclone, they would love the opportunity to show it to you and tell you anything you wanted to know. Don't discount the possibility of asking the people down the street. They might be looking for an excuse to show it off!
Kristy

I have been asked numerous times in the last month we have owned our Cyclone by complete strangers to take a quick look. And I quickly do it. Hooked to the Pete and open up all 3 slides and the garage and proudly show off our toy.
Always gets lots of looks when we roll down the highway or pull into a mall for groceries or whatever.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Tandumb,

Have you signed up for the Virginia Fall Rally in Cape Hatteras the weekend of September 25 - 27?? Great way to jump in and meet Heartland owners. Last count I think there were 30 sites reserved and folks coming from Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Carol and I are new to Heartland as well and this will be our first Heartland rally. We are really excited about meeting all these "new found friends" we don't know yet.

Hope you can make it.

Keith

No we haven't but I should def. talk to the hubby about it!! We love Camp Hatteras:). And I love these smilies. hahahaha

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I have been asked numerous times in the last month we have owned our Cyclone by complete strangers to take a quick look. And I quickly do it. Hooked to the Pete and open up all 3 slides and the garage and proudly show off our toy.
Always gets lots of looks when we roll down the highway or pull into a mall for groceries or whatever.

I also look forward to those looks as the Volvo pulls our trailer!!

R.Pratt

Kim and Chris,
My wife and i just picked up a 2010 3850 last week and we love it, as far as using anything without putting out slides, forget it.
the nice thing is that in the generator bay under the hyd pump for the slides there are 3 knobs that allow you to "turn off" slides, we use this to turn off the bed room and the living room slide so that when we stop to eat all we have to do is put out the kitchen, if you dont, the fridge door contacts the counter top by alomst 1" not allowing more than 3" of opening, not to mention you cant walk past it.
if you would like more pictures and to ask question please call me
334-447-8314

thanks and good luck!!
you will love it!

PUG

Pug
We have the 3950 going on two years. We purchased it of course for the garage (2 dirt bikes and one street bike) and being able to sleep four back there with their own bathroom. The washer dryer although small loads is great also. We have used it the last two winters staying in Tucson. When we get there I unload the bikes, and we use it as a second bedroom, second bathroom, and office for the computer setup. It will sleep 10 but who needs that headache but once a year but it can so that is handy. The upper bunks in the garage are used for chair storage etc. etc. and the bunks in the living room for more storage yet. We love the 3950. When stopping along the road I just pick a spot and pop out the slides for easy access to the kitchen. You can control the slides individually so you could just pop out the kitchen if you want. It is heavy about 18500 lbs so a 3500 dually diesel will do it fine. Carry a set of tools, glue, wax, cleaner, screws etc etc etc. after all if is a trl bouncing down the road and occasionally things come loose. Keep the tires and bearings up to snuff and hand feel them at every stop for excessive heat aka trouble. enjoy

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Thank you both for commenting. I am so excited about getting our Cyclone. We have 4 months until we can order it. ugh!!:rolleyes:

trvlrerik

I just checked and now I feel bad, I can only reach the top shelf of the fridge with the slides in, is it possible to swing a refridgerator door in the opposite direction?

porthole

Retired
as far as using anything without putting out slides, forget it.

For the mid profile trailers that is the main reason we picked the Cyclone over all the other brands.

With the 3010 you can get just everywhere with the slides in. You don't have to climb over the the couch to get to the fridge. Although the bed is in the way when in, but how often do you need that while traveling.

Bathroom is easy and fridge is easy. Even enough room to eat if needed.