No electricity to electric outlet

patrick1945

We bought a new Bighorn 3055 in February-used it for a month and parked in the backyard. We just found out that one of the two electric outlets in the bed base/box does not work. I am reasonably handy but have had no experience with wiring.

Any suggestions on where to start? The trailer is on warranty but I should be able to fix and avoid a long drive to a Heartland dealer.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Patrick,
Sounds like one of the wires is not connected properly. I would turn of the breaker that controls those outlets and pull each outlet out and check the connections. I suspect that it is just a loose connection.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Mark

Boca_Shuffles

Check to see if the outlet is on the Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) circuit. I believe the reset button is by the entrance door.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My GFI reset in on the outlet on the side of the bathroom sink. Sounds like that is your problem.

DickO

Check this FAST !!!

Our 2010 BH 3055 was only 4 weeks old when both plugs by the bed went out. After a sniff test we knew we had a major problem. Tore the bed apart and found that the wiring on the hitch side had rubed on the slide mechanism and the wiring was burned through for about 3 inches. Glad we had no fire. :(

jnbhobe

I think DickO is on the right track. Check under the bed for chafed wires. Just fix the bad spot and rerun the wire. I had the same problem that was my fix. JON;););)