Heartland floor-plan name explanation please

2010augusta

I have really enjoyed our Landmark and this forum for a while now. I feel that from reading through the post here I have become quite knowledgeable about heartland RVs, but for the life of me I can not find any rhyme or reason to the number codes to the different floor-plans. Can anyone out there provide some insight as how to unlock the "code"? The only thing I have figured out is RL is "rear living" and RE is "rear entertainment center."

thomasinnv

the number generaly relates to the length, and the letters to the floorplan... i have a sundance 3300rlb - thats 33 feet from rear bumper to front landing jacks, rlb=rear loft bedroom. 2800rls=rear living slide 2900mk=mid kitchen 2998rb=rear bathroom 3000rk=rear kitchen 3100es=entertainment slide 3200re=rear entertainment 3300fb=front bunk room they're really quite simple to decipher. is there a particular model you are trying to figure out?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Unforunately this does not hold true for Bighorns. We have the 3600RL, however it is almost 40' long....

Bogger

Unforunately this does not hold true for Bighorns. We have the 3600RL, however it is almost 40' long....

He said from rear bumper to front LANDING JACKS. I haven't measured, but that would sound about right for our Eagle Ridge 35 DSRL, which is actual almost 39' long total.

Bogger

And if I had to guess on deciphering the code for mine, it would be Desk, Sofa?, Rear loft that makes up the "DSRL".

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I haven't figured out the codes either. Personally I prefer the name like Augusta, Mount Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Oakwood, Pinehurst, Golden Gate, etc.

porthole

Retired
How about the Cyclones?

The 10-12-14 on 4 of the models designate the garage size

2010augusta

the number generaly relates to the length, and the letters to the floorplan... is there a particular model you are trying to figure out?

Well I have an Augusta that is the same as a the 3670RL and the distance from the front landing gear to the end of the rear cap (no bumper in the LM) is only 32 feet +/- a few inches, not the 36" that would be suggested if that were the code.

I am not trying to decipher anything in particular, i am just courious as to where all these numbers come from, as I have been a high school math and science teacher and not finding a pattern to them is driving me crazy.

I too prefer the "Landmark" names, which brings an additional question.

Grand Canyon, Cape Cod, Mount Rushmore, Golden Gate and maybe Augusta are recognizable "landmarks," but where/what are Pinehurst, Oakmont and Augusta?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Well I have an Augusta that is the same as a the 3670RL and the distance from the front landing gear to the end of the rear cap (no bumper in the LM) is only 32 feet +/- a few inches, not the 36" that would be suggested if that were the code.

I am not trying to decipher anything in particular, i am just courious as to where all these numbers come from, as I have been a high school math and science teacher and not finding a pattern to them is driving me crazy.

I too prefer the "Landmark" names, which brings an additional question.

Grand Canyon, Cape Cod, Mount Rushmore, Golden Gate and maybe Augusta are recognizable "landmarks," but where/what are Pinehurst, Oakmont and Augusta?

I'm not sure about any body else's but my Pinehurst was named for that "great" landmark golf course in North Carolina -- Pinehurst:D:D