Which dealer can I use for service

nscaler2

Scott or Coley,
First of all do I have to take my Bighorn to the dealer I purchased it from to have warranty work done. I am going to need attention to my A/C since it takes forever to get cool even in only 87 degree weather. It has the common problem, very little airflow from the vents. The dealer I purchased it from didn't have the electrical system needed to fire up the A/C for the PDI. When we did the PDI it was hooked up to a 15amp electrical source, which wouldn't run the A/C. So, we didn't find this out until our first camp in it. I would rather not drive 2.5 hours to take it back to them since they didn't have the ability to check it out in the first place. Secondly can I take my Bighorn to a Landmark dealer for warranty service. There is a Landmark dealer 10.4 miles from my zip code. The dealer I purchased my Bighorn from is 120 miles away. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Scott

You can contact the closest HL dealer - just know that since you are not their customer, they will not put you in front of the line.

ST

nscaler2

Thanks Scott. Closeness isn't the only factor here. Competance of the dealer also factors into any decision to go a different dealer. Being at the back of the line is just something I guess I must accept for having purchased from what I consider a less than compentant dealer.

C

Chulinw

Nscaler2 if you come down to Florida I would not go to Holidays on Wheels for repairs. The service manager is the worst I have ever seen and he will do what he wants not what the customers wants done in order to get the rv fix in a timely manner.

J

Jim_1899

I was reading these post and when I bought my 2006 Big Horn they never did provide me with a manual. Infact they told me that Heartland did not have a manual. However you gave me the number to your Heartland Service Department and I received the manual in less than a week. The dealer I bought my BH from is non responsive to my 2 emails and three phone calls to purchase a mat for the storage area. I am in sales and wish that I could help Heartland find more quality dealers.

v92c

Texan
Scott said:
You can contact the closest HL dealer - just know that since you are not their customer, they will not put you in front of the line.

ST

I dont believe that buying an RV from a dealer gets better service. I bought from Southwest RV in Katy Texas, and the best I can hope for is poor service. I have been waiting 3 months for a replacement rim for my Bighorn, and about 7 months for them to repair a wall panel and several other items. And you can forget about them calling to give you any information. You will have to call them and beg for help. Even when they say the RV is ready I go to pick it up, and have to wait while they repair the things that were supposed to have been done.

If they are putting me at the front of the line for service, I really feel sorry for those who at the back of the line.

Tom of Ypsi

I can tell you that if you are in Michigan stay away from General RV. They were once a reputable dealer but as they got bigger they let QC slip away. They have six dealerships and I am familiar with 3, cannot vouche for the other 3 and I will not find out.

christianson

If you are in Minnesota stop at Nobles RV at Owatonna across from Cabelas they have anew place and give excelent service thats where we bought our Big horn very happy with it I'm 300 miles away and they done every thing they said they would the PDI was real easy good prices to.

Christianson 2005 F-350DRW 6.0
2007 Big Horn 3055RL Daul pane
windows fireplace trailerhitch
heatstrp

C

Chulinw

Jim1899 What number did you call to get the Heartland to get the manual. I have ask the dealer so many times for one I just gave up. Would be nice to have one so I can read how things should work.

J

Jim_1899

Owner Manual

The customer service number to call is 574.262.8030 and they can get you one. This was the number that Scott at Heartland gave me and they sent it right away.

Just to let you know we are very happy with our Big Horn, in fact, that is an understatement we LOVE our Heartland Bighorn.

Uncle Rog

Howdy, my dealer is for _ _ _ _, but I was directed to an authorized shop for most or all of my warranty work. We made an appointment with them they addressed all of the issues in a timely manner, although repairing instead of replacing a few things I didn't like, and had the rig back to me when they said they would. If you have an authorized shop around you, you don't have to be treated like an outsider, so too speak.......

C

Chulinw

I am very happy to report that I had a very nice conferce with Mr. Scott Tuttle about my warranty problems. He said I could use the RV dealership that I desired to complet my warranty work. He also told me that they had a new East Coast warranty rep to talk with and his name is Jammie Clark. Jammie called me this morning and confirm that I could take my Bighorn RL3400 to a local RV repair shop and have them contact him for parts etc.. I made the appointment with Carpenter Campers and they confirmed that Mr. Jammie Clark did call and talk with them about my warranty work to be completed at that repair shop. This dealer ship is not one of the dealership that sell Heartland RV. Mr. Jammie Clark also informed me today that Leisure Tyme RV dealership is going to be a Heartland warranty repair. I know that dealership is very good since I have used them on my last 5er for repairs. They also followed up with a phone call with me a couple of days later to make sure I was happy with the service I received. I know that if anyone that travels in the Pensacola or Ft Walton Beach area and needs repair work from this new dealership that came onboard will be very pleased with the service the get. I guess in closing you can say I very happy everything that went around today with Heartland. They did convience me that they are very aware and do want to please the customers and make sure that they do stand behind the product that they make and will go the extra mile to make the customer happy.

J

Jim_1899

I had written about my dealer in the past and wanted to let everyone know I received a Christmas card from them yesterday. I also picked up the rubber mat for the storage area for my Bighorn that they ordered for me, I was very happy on the price too. Things are looking up!