One year of fulltiming

Matthias

Fulltimer
Here are a few random photos of my life in the Big Country trailer. I hope you enjoy them.

Matthias

Moving out of the stick house in July '08:
S1050458.jpg

Shakedown trip:
S1050818.jpg

I survived and didn't hit any trees:
S1050820.jpg

Adventures across the beautiful U.S.A.:

NM:
S1051443.jpg

TX:
S1051464.jpg

KS:
S1051553.jpg

AL:
S1051829.jpg

NC:
S1051932.jpg

"All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us. Our forefathers had civilization inside themselves, the wild outside. We live in the civilization they created, but within us the wilderness still lingers. What they dreamed, we live, and what they lived, we dream." - T.K. Whipple

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Terrific pictures. I really liked the one with the snow in Texas. So what's next on your agenda?

Matthias

Fulltimer
The snow in TX in late March came a bit of a surprise. I don't have any immediate new plans yet, I'm back on my home campground in Scottsdale, AZ for a while. The next trip will be north to Wyoming and Montana, but probably not until next year.

cjbearden

Visitor
Great job Matthias. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your maiden FT journery. The Whipple quote at the end is so appropriate. Wyoming and Montana are beautiful, an experience you will enjoy. Where were you parked in North Carolina? We hope to head that way next Spring.

Many happy travels.

Matthias

Fulltimer
Where were you parked in North Carolina?

I was in Surf City, north of Wilmington on 'Lanier's Campground'. Surf City is beautiful, great beach and very residential, no tourist chaos. It was probably my favorite place on this trip.

The campground is pretty nice for being near a beach town, but the sites are a bit small and it's pricey.

caissiel

Wher do you carry your Hughes Satrelite dish, I have a new BC and was wondering where to transport it, I hade a rack on the old trailer.

SmokeyBare

With both the old extended cab Chevy as well as the Dually we disassemble our HugheNet dish and pack it the back seat, on the floor of the truck, seat folded up... We also put our second DishNetwork dish for the Satellite TV in there.

Marv

B

bwwalczak

Recently my wife and I visited the "baby doctor" and all over the walls of his office he had pictures of babys he had delivered.

My office is not very different, I LOVE photos of your rigs in unique places, and I have many of them on the walls here at Heartland.

We truly love building great product. Share the fun with us.

loafer

Thanks for sharing the pics looks like you are living the dream
Keep on Kampin as they say
Regards
Bill

Great pictures. I notice you were in some cold country. How did your trailer perform in the cold weather. I have a 2009 BC 3285 and it seems when it is cold that when the heater shuts off it gets cold, almost like it does not have any insulation. Any ideas?
Thanks Jim