Hitch receiver on the back of an M-18 for a bike rack?

Larry77

I'd like to have a hitch receiver on the back of my M-18 so I can use my hitch mounted bike rack...has anybody looked into this? I'm not sure if it will work at all because there isn't much clearance to the ground. I've heard of people making a rack that mounts above the propane tanks but I don't think there is enough room on the M-18.

rick_h

I was wondering this as well. For now I am just putting the bikes inside the trailer with cardboard protection while we are on the road.

Let us know if you come up with anything.

kampfirekid

Our dealer welded a receiver tube to the rear of our North Trail that could hold a house. We love it. I have seen others bolt Reese, U-Haul, Curtis, etc. brand hitches to their trailer frames without welding. If you find there is room to bolt a car-style receiver to your frame, take measurements and call several of the receiver manufacturers (or go online to their sites) and find one that will work with minimal modification and bolt it on yourself. There are thousand of hitches available and I'd bet one would work with the installation of some shim washers and bolts at worst (to avoid welding and cutting).