How to tell what psi rating the wheels are

porthole

Retired
Checked my wheels while they are off for disc brakes - I cannot find any PSI rating on the wheels, is there a way to tell with the numbers that are cast into the "spokes"

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Should be stamped on the wheels. It is usually on the rear side of the rim. It may say G or 3750 of something like that.

porthole

Retired
Should be stamped on the wheels. It is usually on the rear side of the rim. It may say G or 3750 of something like that.

Well I guess they are only good for "E" tires.

For the record these are the tires and wheels included on our trailer.

One line on each spoke:
VIA JWJ-T
5134BZ 16X6J
MAX LOAD 3580
L
C
H
B X
M
P
ETO 09

On the wheel hub:
C07
T DOT
Z 16

The tires are:
Towmaster STR Power King
ST235 80R 16
LR E
10 PR
MAX 3520 POUNDS AT 80 PSI
DOT 83B5 6GP DY

Guess we will be limited to the E tires...........

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I spoke to the preson at our Goshen Rally that talked about the tires that Heartland was now using. He said if the rims had 7 spokes with no split in the rim it was a class G rim. I looked at my spare, which is a steel rim, and on the insice of the rim it says the max gross weight is 3750. I believe all the rims should be the same grade as the spare.

So take a look at your spare on the back side of the rim and see if it gives the weight limit. You don't have to remove a rim from the ground to check the rating of your rims.

BC

porthole

Retired
The trailer wheels are aluminun and has MAX LOAD 3580 pounds cast into one of the spokes

Is this what you mean by "split spoke"?

Attachments

• D30_4402.JPG
    D30_4402.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 13

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I would say you have split spokes, but you have 5 spokes not 7.
Here is what I am talking about..

IMG_0221.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The 3580 is an E rated tire. You can also check your DOT tag and it should say max tire weight.

porthole

Retired
The tires I know, just wondering that if and when I have tire problems whether I can upgrade to "G's".

I'm guessing I can't without changing the wheels.