Maiden Voyage for our Cyclone 3950

geeman

We finally got the new RV on the road. We purchased a Cyclone 3950 from Lake Shore RV and they delivered it last month. I am still very pleased with the service from Lake Shore. We did have a hitch issue and they corrected it immediately. I had read several negative posts and I was a little worried, but they have been great so far. Matt in service has been great and taken care of any questions or requests I have had.
The maiden voyage went extremely well, only a few self induced issues, I guess I should expect a few "gotchas" being a newbie. The wife and I are still working on the proper marshalling signals as we attempt to park the rig, but other than had we had a blast!

porthole

Retired
Get a pair of the little "Family Service Radios" and the rest of the campground won't hear you yelling at each other :D

timdebs

I think what porthole meant to say was the whole campground will not hear her yelling at you..."didn't you hear me say stop or I was telling you to go this way". Not that any of us have ever heard that before from our DWs.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I think what porthole meant to say was the whole campground will not hear her yelling at you..."didn't you hear me say stop or I was telling you to go this way". Not that any of us have ever heard that before from our DWs.

"didn't you hear me say stop" - (in my wispering voice)

"I was telling you to go this way" - (while I was pointing the other way)

And...I'm in trouble already...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
And that's why we don't even use the radios...no verbal signals at all. We developed our own set of hand signals that we both understand and it works well for us....this of course, after years of yelling at each other...LOL:rolleyes:

bigredtruck

We just had this conversation last weekend. Apparently, my hand signals mean nothing to him. all he wants is for me to tell him to stop if he is going to hit something. good thing he drove gas tankers for 20 years, so he doesn't really need me except to get him a beer.

Rigmover06

Backing up Assistance..

My wife just sits on the picnic table and lets me back the Pete and the cyclone in all on my own.
Figures it saves our marriage that.
LOL:D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My wife and I have developed our signals. She points in the direction she wants the REAR of the coach to go and lets me figure out which direction to turn the wheel. When she makes an X out of her arms that means stop. If I cannot see her in the mirrors it is all stop until I can. She also knows I will pull forward to straighten out if I need to. We developed this after many times of DW chewing me out for not understanding her signals. We tried the family radio thing and the problem is there is a lag time between the time you push the transmit button and the time you hear what is being said. Sometimes that lag time makes it too late.

geeman

We also developed a few hand signals of our own too. It was much less stressful than yelling. I think the delay with radios may cause more problems than I want.