First Trip - Bighorn 3410RE

Theresau

Towed like a dream - we really didn't know what to expect since we are new 5'ers - we'd only towed travel trailers before. At times Joe forgot it was back there. The Trail Air pin box worked great!

The truck did well with the trailer loaded as well - stayed very level with the trailer.

On a flat, we got 11.5-11.7 mpg (65 mph) and in the hills (upper MI) - 10.5-10.7 mpg.

Went across MI's Mackinaw bridge - I closed my eyes of course - but it was much more smooth than the travel trailer had been. (Cost $6.00)

The first parking experience outside of the driveway was an experience - Joe had to back on a curvy road for about 6 sites - and the park was really full in that area - had to be sure not to hit parked cars. He did great - thank goodness we could take out the lot marker pole for our lot - that really helped.

So far all has worked well - no leaks, air mattress has worked well - we gave that a try too - very comfy - can watch TV. Satellite connections are working in the LR and BR. Speakers are working as they should - surround sound system is working very well - so is the TV.

Half-time oven worked great! First time I've used this type of oven.

Refrigerator worked great on both electric and gas - converted to gas with no problem at all - we used to have to do this a few times before the gas would light on our travel trailer.

Only comment I would have on the design is that the recliner chair slideout is really too small for the large chairs. We have them set up so that one can't turn and the other can fully turn. Other than that it's great. I like that the kitchen is not in a slide - there's enough counter space for my simple cooking. Less weight, more cabinets, and refrigerator is within the main living - better insulated - we put iit on 4 and it's held 36 degrees.

We're at Cedarville RV in the UP - right on Lake Huron - just beautiful...we try to come here at least once a year. A pair of bald eagles flew over today.

We saw a couple of Big Horns on our way here. There is a 2005 Landmark across the road from us (he had a great deal of issues with this...).

Theresa

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Theresa, Glad to hear you & Joe had a good first trip out. My wife doesn't like that bridge either:(. Have fun & travel safe.