Goodyear G614's are "regroovable"

Boca_Shuffles

Has anyonhe had their Goodyears "regrooved"? Is this the same as "retreaded"?
In the case of retreads, the amount of tire treads on the rad would seem to not make this a desirable operation. I would expect the flying rubber to do some damage to the RV when it separates.

If it is a good practice to get your tires regrooved, what is the cost and where did you get yours done?

Forrest Fetherolf

Heartland products as so bullet proof not even a blown tire will cause any visible damage.............right????? :eek:

I would not advise regrooved tires, by the time they wear down for regrooving they are most likely ready to explode.

The photos are not regrooved tires............14000 miles on "China Bombs."

Forrest

Attachments

• TRAIL_AMERICA_TIRE_FAILURE02.JPG
    TRAIL_AMERICA_TIRE_FAILURE02.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 84
  • TRAIL_AMERICATIRE_FAILURE00.JPG
    TRAIL_AMERICATIRE_FAILURE00.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 90

Delaine and Lindy

The best way to prevent tire failure (blowout) is to remove the China bombs, its been my experience its just a matter of time before you will have a major tire failure and damage your RV. As for (re-tread) re-capping tires I would never ever run recaped tires. When the hot weather comes they often will seperate and there will be damage, many of the Trucking company's are using the re-capped tires and the caps are what you see along the interstates, we call them gators. Try to avoid those gators they will also do damage to your vehicle. You should also be running the Pressure Pro System, that is a good way to prevent damage, most tire failures are caused by low air pressure. Sorry about the damage to your 5th wheel. GBY...

Boca_Shuffles

Thanks for the information. :eek:

"Regrooving is typically performed on tires used in metro bus service. When bus tires get worn, there is a regrooving machine which actually cuts grooves on the worn tread so that these bus tires can continue to run prior to retreading. Bus tires are designed with extra rubber under the crown area of the tire.
RV owners should not be concerned with regrooving their tires."

I wouldn't have been questioning this if Goodyear hadn't stamped it on the side of the tire. Too much information! :rolleyes:

trvlrerik

where are these Goodyears purchased at, I asked a wall mart and Sams both and got blank looks, when I asked for G rated tires, also the blank look. Does anybody have any experience in regard to mixing load ratings on either srw truck or trailer tires, I was wondering if I could replace the e rated missions with g rated goodyears a couple of tires at a time.

HappyKayakers

where are these Goodyears purchased at, I asked a wall mart and Sams both and got blank looks, when I asked for G rated tires, also the blank look.

I had to replace one of my tires a few months ago. Didn't bother talking to the discount places. I had the luxury of time and called a half dozen real tire shops in the local area. They all new what I wanted and I got a decent deal by making several calls. Price difference between low and high quote was about $150.

Jburks

where are these Goodyears purchased at, I asked a wall mart and Sams both and got blank looks, when I asked for G rated tires, also the blank look. Does anybody have any experience in regard to mixing load ratings on either srw truck or trailer tires, I was wondering if I could replace the e rated missions with g rated goodyears a couple of tires at a time.

Check with Kansasland Tire on south 9th there in Salina, KS.