Pdi

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
hope the PDI goes great. Did you take your creeper with you to look underneath?? I took my own list that I downloaded form the 5th wheel forum.
Rand

ChopperBill

Brought the Bighorn home this afternoon. After the PDI and backing it up in my drive between ours and the neighbors house I was so stinking sick of fifth wheels I would have sold it by the pound! Our TC is a WHOLE bunch easier! After we got settled in we sat in it and had a great quite time. Only PDI problems were those POS day night shades! Three of them were crookeder than a dogs hind leg. The service man tried to fix one and made a FUBAR out of it. So three new shades are on order. Front decal was peeling at the top so will be replaced also. The new Eureka vac was missing the hoses so those are on the way also. A/C blows good as far as I know about central air. Lots of breeze in the bedroom. Probably will do the "tent in the vent" like was mentioned in a prior post. Will let it sit in the drive this week to do all of the finishing touches. In a couple of weeks its off the NATCOA truck camper ralley with the Snowriver. **** sure I can back that sucker into the camping spot with no hassle. ;)

jbeletti

Bill,

Glad to hear you got her home.

Backing a 5er can be a real PITA for sure. Gets better with time but seems like I get RV Dumb over the winter and have to relearn the next season.

Best of luck on the couple of things you found that require dealer attention. Hope your first trip out with the new unit is a lot of fun. More likely, a lot of things to learn though.

Take care,

Jim

ChopperBill

Thanks Jim! Cant back my bottom into a toilet stall without hitting the sides! Never have backed a FW so its a whole new experience. After I got it into the spot in between the houses a neighbor that drives a truck for a living saw me and said I did a **** good job. Guess he didn't see the sweat on my brow and my wet pants! :eek:

nscaler2

Me Too

Chopper Bill,
Me too. Previous to owning our Bighorn, the biggest thing I have ever backed was a small sailboat trailer. Even that was a challeng. Took me over a half hour to get ours in on one side of our double driveway leaving enough room to park the truck and a car on the other side. We live on a culdesac. So, all the while, the whole neighborhood was watching, and I'm sure having a good laugh. I too would have sold it for a song. Haven't gone on a long trip with it yet. Will be looking for campgrounds with PULL THRUS!!!!:D

timk

Bill,
Your not alone. I can back a std. trailer pretty good, but give me that 5er and I get a case of stupid every time.
TimK

jpmorgan37

Hey Bill:
I am so happy for you that you finally have it home. Congratulations. I've been backing FW's for about 15 years and I still have my wife help me. We carry walkie talkies everywhere we go and she gets behind the fiver and watches the back and the top. We don't yell and it works great. Keeps me from hitting posts, tree limbs and other things.

John

svd

Well, now I don't feel so bad. We had a 32ft TT before, and I could put it anywhere I wanted, first time. The 5er is much tougher. Also, watch overhead, it is surprising how low some of those branches can be.

K

Ken Washington

Bill,
Always try to back to your left, you can see where the tires are going. Remember to stop the turn early because fifth wheels just keep on going quicker than travel trailers. Be patient, it will get better!
Ken