Any Cyclone owners in Hampton Roads?

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
OK, so I posted in the prospective owners section earlier about questions for Cyclone owners. Are there any Cyclone owners in the Hampton Roads that would be willing to show it off to me and my husband:rolleyes:? I just dread the 4 hour drive to Danville just to look at them. Mainly because I will want to order one right then and there and it just isn't in the cards until the beg. of 2010. Don't get me wrong though, I can't wait to drive the 4 hours to order one!
Thanks yall,
Kim

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Hey TanDumb,

itsbeertime is right. Give Tim and Ben a call at Chesapeake RV Solutions. 757-432-0222. When I ordered my Landmark the beginning of this year, Tim didn't just meet Danville's price, he beat it.

Now I've got a local dealer (darn good one I might add) to work with.

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Definitely check with Chesapeake RV. I don't think they have a Cyclone in stock right now, but they may be able to hook you up with a local owner.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I have been there a few times for rv parts. Its right down the street from my parents house. I was told by a sales manager or something like that, from Heartland that the one in Danville is the cheapest around and he actually has them in stock to see. I looked and the ches one does not have any in stock, darn it. Maybe I will give them a visit when I am in Ches on friday

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We like Cheasapeake too. Didn't buy there, but we were in the area for my neice's wedding last year when our entry steps broke. They took us in no problem and worked with Heartland to get us new steps and install them....great people and service!:)

fordtech 2008

we bought our northtrail there we are very happy with tim and chesapeake rv we only live 5 miles from them so it is good when we need service

Last edited:

boatto5er

I think the bottom line is that they are both great dealerships (based on what I've heard from numerous purchasers from both). It is nice to be close to home if you have a maintenance issue.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Hey TanDumb,

itsbeertime is right. Give Tim and Ben a call at Chesapeake RV Solutions. 757-432-0222. When I ordered my Landmark the beginning of this year, Tim didn't just meet Danville's price, he beat it.

Now I've got a local dealer (darn good one I might add) to work with.

Keith
Well I took everyone's advice and we went to talk to Ben in Cheseapeke. They are great there! They are gonna call Mike at Heartland and try to get our Cyclone ordered around Jan. Thanks for the suggestions:cool:

klindgren

TanDumb,

When we were headed up to Surry to Chippokes Plantation State Park this weekend, I passed a Cyclone parked in the yared on Rt. 10 in Suffolk near Chuckatuck. Not sure if they are members of this forum or not, but I know I've seen it there before so I'm sure they must live at the house where it is parked.

Glad you went and saw Ben at RV Solutions. They are great folks and I know you will not be disappointed in their service.

Keith

klindgren

My parents live on Hanbury, right near GB high school. Nice to talk to some local folks.

I live just a couple miles from there and drive right by the high school on my way to the post office on South Battlefield a couple times a week.

AND I pull my Landmark right by there on my way to Chesapeake RV Solutions!! Darn small world isn't it??!!

Keith

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I live just a couple miles from there and drive right by the high school on my way to the post office on South Battlefield a couple times a week.

AND I pull my Landmark right by there on my way to Chesapeake RV Solutions!! Darn small world isn't it??!!

Keith
It sure is a small world. That is the cyclone that lives near me. I look at it everytime I head to Suffolk Walmart.You actually passed rt by my house, well my street. How do you like Chippokes?

klindgren

It sure is a small world. That is the cyclone that lives near me. I look at it everytime I head to Suffolk Walmart.You actually passed rt by my house, well my street. How do you like Chippokes?

We love Chippokes. This is our third time there this year. Just make sure you select the "B" Loop when making your reservations. A lot of folks don't know there is a difference between the "A" and "B" loops and make a reservation for which ever is available.

"A" loop has more sites but they are small, gravel and mostly good for tents and pop-ups. Larger rigs won't fit. "B" loop has fewer sites but every one is paved, fairly level and can accomodate bigger units. There are 4 or 5 pull through sites and the rest are back-ins but they give you plenty of room to back in.

Place has a huge swimming pool with two diving boards. It is also a working plantation so once you've set up camp, you need to take in the rest of the park and not just the campground. The plantation sits right on the James River. Plenty to see and do. And it's 10 minutes to the Jamestown/Scotland ferry. A very nice 20 minute free ferry ride across the James River to Jamestown and Virginia's Historic Triangle of Jamestown - Williamsburg - Yorktown.

Keith

boatto5er

We love Chippokes. This is our third time there this year. Just make sure you select the "B" Loop when making your reservations. A lot of folks don't know there is a difference between the "A" and "B" loops and make a reservation for which ever is available.

"A" loop has more sites but they are small, gravel and mostly good for tents and pop-ups. Larger rigs won't fit. "B" loop has fewer sites but every one is paved, fairly level and can accomodate bigger units. There are 4 or 5 pull through sites and the rest are back-ins but they give you plenty of room to back in.

Place has a huge swimming pool with two diving boards. It is also a working plantation so once you've set up camp, you need to take in the rest of the park and not just the campground. The plantation sits right on the James River. Plenty to see and do. And it's 10 minutes to the Jamestown/Scotland ferry. A very nice 20 minute free ferry ride across the James River to Jamestown and Virginia's Historic Triangle of Jamestown - Williamsburg - Yorktown.

Keith

I just looked at the Website info and this looks like a great place. We may try it in early Sept. Thanks for the info Keith.

TanDumb

Kim and Chris

Keith

Wow paved sites! Its been 2 years since we have been to check out the campground. DH and I might have to take the Jayco for a little getaway soon. We love taking the ferry. We try to do that a few times a year and whenever we HAVE:mad: to take 64. Its such a nice scenic drive. We also go to the Chippokes Tractor and Steam Engine show. Thats pretty fun.

klindgren

Wow paved sites! Its been 2 years since we have been to check out the campground. DH and I might have to take the Jayco for a little getaway soon. We love taking the ferry. We try to do that a few times a year and whenever we HAVE:mad: to take 64. Its such a nice scenic drive. We also go to the Chippokes Tractor and Steam Engine show. Thats pretty fun.
If you like crafts there is the Christmas Craft show at the end of October and near the end of July is the "Pork, Pine and Peanut" festival celebrating the heritage of the area. We missed the 3P festival this year because I was out of town but we are already making plans for next year. I'm sure the Christmas Craft weekend is already booked up for camping, but you could certainly take a drive up there on a day trip.

We love to join you all for a camping trip in October, but I don't have a free weekend. We're on the road right up through Nov. 1. After that, I put on my red suit and limit my travels to using the sleigh for the next two months. Right Gus??!!:D

Keith

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
We love to join you all for a camping trip in October, but I don't have a free weekend. We're on the road right up through Nov. 1. After that, I put on my red suit and limit my travels to using the sleigh for the next two months. Right Gus??!!:D

Keith

I too am a Christmas person. In fact I decorate the first of November every year so I get 2 full months of decorations:D