Bighorn olevia tv

2008 bighorn 3670RL - Our Olevia tv was stolen out of our rig. Richardson's in Sun City California replaced it with a jensen, they said was per Heartland. We are very dissappointed. There is about a 3" to 4" gap on either side of the tv. We have heard that olevia's are available at walmart, sears, etc. But this is after the Jensen was installed. The new tv is not acceptable. Now Richardsons and our insurance company are trying to figure out what to do about this. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do?
Furthermore, if you do need to replace your Olevia tv, or any tv for that matter, please make sure you find out the actual dimensions not just the screen size.....

Last edited:
the issue is not the quality of the TV. It is that the new TV does not fit the opening and looks ridiculous. I am hoping to hear of some solutions...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Kampingkat, Im just curious what HL had to do with the TV replacement. It wasn't warrenty, it was an insurance issue. A Jensen TV is not a bad TV. After my dealing's with Richardson's RV, I wouldn't believe one thing they told me. We bought a nice 32" HD TV from Target for our Horn. It was $340.00. Sorry but something smells about what you were told. IMHO Bob:confused: Socal Chapter Leader:D

Please don't get us started on Richardson's. We need to resolve our TV issue first and foremost. The reason I mentioned Richardsons' and Heartland is first of all, this is covered under our RV insurance and we were told to deal with Richardsons' as that is where we purchased our rig and we have a loan???? Don't really get all that either, but that is what we have been told. Anyway, Richardson's told us (and Heartland verified), after the fact, that the jensen is the TV they sent out. The issue is the dimensions are wrong and as I said there are gaps on both sides. I agree with you that something doesn't seem right with the whole ordeal, that is why our rig is sitting at Richardson's while our insurance company finds out why they paid $1,356.00 for this TV replacement and it isn't right.....
But again, we are currently wanting to see if anyone has had to replace their TV with a smaller one and how they compensated for the gaps along with the swing arm. It looks horrible as it sits right now.

jbeletti

Hi Kat,

I believe Olevia is no longer made, although there is some new and refurb product still out there. The way I see it, you have a couple of options that you can suggest to the insurance company:

1. Pay to have the space built out to fit the replacement TV or
  2. Take back the replacement TV and source an Olevia set of the same model you had to ensure fitment
What would I do? Keep the replacement set and reconfigure the space to frame the set better and eek out some storage space in, under, around the set.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I would consider it a definite upgrade to get rid of the Olevia in exchange for most any other brand!

HEY...watch out...I happen to have an Olevia in the Cyclone and love it! I've watched it almost every day for the last - give or take a few - 485 days and have had no problems with it! (So Far!) :D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I liked the Olevia I was using as a PC monitor at home also. It lasted for over a year (year and 3 days I think):rolleyes:. I put it in the same category as the Goodman Central AC system in my house that just when out a couple of days past the practically worhtless warranty.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Unfortunately, somewhere between the 08' and 09' models, Heartland switched to the Jensen TV. Not only did they change TV's, they changed the way they were mounted. I know, because we have the 08' 3600RL, which came with the Olevia and the storage space behind it. Now everything we see in the Bighorns/Landmarks is on an articulating arm and has no storage behind it.

We discovered, after our Olevia died (thankfully...hated that TV), that the swing out mounting frame was proprietary to the Olevia TV...nothing else would fit directly into the frame, as the Olevia actually was recessed into the square frame bracket. We ended up buying an Insignia 32" TV from Best Buy and mounting a flat wall TV mount to the swing out frame that the Olevia was on. Yes...there is space on both sides of the TV as the dimensions are different, however, we really don't see this as an issue.

I'm afraid that you will not be able to find an exact fit...we tried, it is NOT available as Olevia is out business. I suggest you make the best of what you have...:)

geeksrus

HEY...watch out...I happen to have an Olevia in the Cyclone and love it! I've watched it almost every day for the last - give or take a few - 485 days and have had no problems with it! (So Far!) :D

I'm also very impressed with the Olevia after more than 2 years of use.

Eh!

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Sept 21 will be two years that we have had our BH. I have had no issues with the Olevia tv. The picture quality is excellant and it is working well.
Fred