A/C filter Cleaning

2010augusta

I am very surprised at the amount of dust/crude that our A/C filters have collected in the last two weeks since I last cleaned them. How often do the filters need servicing? Are better, cleanable, reusable filters available? I rinse our with soapy water and wring them out, is there a way?

scotty

I am very surprised at the amount of dust/crude that our A/C filters have collected in the last two weeks since I last cleaned them. How often do the filters need servicing? Are better, cleanable, reusable filters available? I rinse our with soapy water and wring them out, is there a way?

I just buy the filter material in sheets at Wally World/ Home Depot/Loews etc and cut to fit. Easier than cleaning and seems to work great. :) It is amazing how fast they get dirty.:(

jmaguire

better filters will only get dirty faster because they catch more dirt. Just keep an eye on the filter and clean it when it looks dirty. You cannot clean it too often. There is a tremendous amount of air that goes through the filter so it is normal for it to get dirt on it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How often do you clean it? It depends on how much dirt is in the air where you are.