Video jack question

guyton44

I have a Sundance 287RL and there is a video wire and plug on the shelf under the tv stand. It goes into the wall behind the radio. There is also a component jack in the same area. I can't figure this out. I think that this may be a dumb question when I hear the answer, but right now I am at a loss. Thanks
Guyton

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Guyton, any chance you could post a picture or two of these cables? There are many possibilities and you know what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words...

grizzlygiant

I have a Sundance 287RL and there is a video wire and plug on the shelf under the tv stand. It goes into the wall behind the radio. There is also a component jack in the same area. I can't figure this out. I think that this may be a dumb question when I hear the answer, but right now I am at a loss. Thanks
Guyton

I have the same on my Sundance 2800 and have not been able to figure it out either. The component jack does not seem to connect to anything????? One day I will pull the radio and see what gives.

Theresau

Is it the antennae cable - this is coax on the Bighorn - connects to the surround sound antennae connection and then goes into a hole in the wall (with the speaker wires).

guyton44

The wire is a standard yellow plug with a piece of yellow tape on the wire near the plug. The word "video" is written on the tape. It seems to be attached to something in the compartment behind the radio. I may have to remove the radio to see where it goes. The jack is a standard 3 connection jack for video and left and right audio. The jack is located just forward of the cable connection. I will try and get a picture. I am not too good at that at this point, but will try.
Guyton

charris57

Is it possible that it could be a satellite connection. Some campers have a space for a satellite reciever in another cabinet and this could be the connection for it, just a thought....

guyton44

It is not the satellite connection. There is a dual jack for cable and for satellite just behind this component jack. The separate wire goes into the area behind the radio and does seem to be attached to something.

guyton44

Unknown video wire and jacks

I have a Sundance 287RL and there is a video wire and plug on the shelf under the tv stand. It goes into the wall behind the radio. The wire has a yellow plug and is labeled "video". It is attached to something in the area behind the radio. There is also a component jack in the same area. This jack has the standard jacks for video and left and right audio. The use of these is a complete mystery to me. I have tried hooking up my VCR to the component jacks, but nothing happened. This is not a big deal, but the mystery is killing me.

Thanks,
Guyton

jbeletti

Dave Willis, the Sundance Brand Manager sent me the schematic for the Sundance Television Coax wiring and asked me to get it posted.

Here's a link to the Sundance Online Documentation forum and the thread with the schematic in it.

Jim

red4re

I had the same question over a year ago. See Below:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7732

Basically, the extra yellow Video cable is just a passthrough back to your TV for the video when using a DVD player. DVD player out to the three colored jacks, yellow red white. The extra yellow cable will then go to your TV so the video from the DVD player comes out on the tv. Then the sound will come out through all the speakers in the camper through the surround speakers. Volume will be controlled by the radio - not the tv.

If you want your TV to control the sound, then take the YRW cables directly from the DVD player to your TV and ignore all the other jacks and extra yellow cable.

Hope this helps.

red

Guyton