PDA

View Full Version : RV's For Less - closed thread

derrickg
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I wanted to share my experience dealing with RV dealers.
I am in the Republic of Panama until December, when I will return to the States.
I have been e-mailing dealers to gather information/prices regarding different products. Very often I would not even get a reply to my questions. When I decided on a Heartland, I contacted RV's For Less in Tennessee, because of their agressive, no-nonsense pricing I had seen on sites like RV Trader.
Yesterday, I e-mailed them for a price quote and some answers regarding ordering/delivery time. In only a few hours, I received a very informative email from Karen at RV's for Less. She answered all of my questions and quoted me the absolute best price.
To sum it up, I think that if more RV dealers had this kind of attitude towards dealing with customers, they would probably reap the benefits.

Derrick George
Boquete, Panama

Midastouch
06-02-2006, 01:15 PM
I know that is why some of us have dealt with and are dealing with Butch and Karen now ... I feel very fortunate to have been referred to them and look forward to my trip to Knoxville in 8 weeks or so, hopefully!

It nice to have feelings affirmed and I think I have made the right decision to make the drive!

dieselengineer
06-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Yes, we have purchased our Bighorn from Karen and Butch and it is well worth the drive. Very very happy with the whole process and also was able to work in a camping trip at the sametime. We would do it again in a heart beat. Jim & Cheryl

Deb
06-03-2006, 09:51 PM
I have to chime in here. We returned a couple of hours ago from our maiden voyage in our new 3055 Big Horn that we purchased from RV's for Less. We arrived in the Knoxville area with our trade in Cardinal in tow on Monday. May 29. We stayed in a KOA campground about 20 miles away. We arrived at RV's for Less on Tues. morning @ 9:00AM. They had the AC running on the new 3055. That was a lifesaver as the temp was in the 90's. I (we) just don't have enough kind words to say about Butch and Karen. They are a wonderful couple and went out of their way to be helpful. They took our truck down the road to get air bags installed while we transfered our stuff - what a job. We were about to leave their lot when Butch asked us when we had the shocks changed on the truck. Allan (my husband) said never. Butch suggested that we get some heavy duty shocks and we did. Had the shocks installed in Pigeon Forge by a man that Butch recommended. RV's for Less also puts their customers up in Cross Creek campground in Pigeon Forge for two days. It is a great campground. We stayed an extra day so I could get the new camper and all our stuff organized better for travel. We will go back to Cross Creek one of these days.

On a scale of One to Ten, I would give RV's for Less a PLUS 20. We drove about 500 miles (from Wilmington, NC) to buy from them, and would do it again in heart beat to quote Jim & Cheryl.

Deb

nscaler2
06-04-2006, 06:12 AM
:confused: Deb,
I agree that the purchasing experience is a very important one. Having a selling dealer that takes care of you on the day of PDI is very important. However, what does one do when something needs to be fixed by the dealer and the dealer is 500 or more miles away. That is a long haul with fuel prices being what they are, not to mention the time an trouble to do it. We purchased from the closest dealer to us and did in fact get a good deal financially. Having said that, they are still 120 miles away which makes for at least a 2.5 hour drive to get there. The other day, I posted a question to Scott regarding taking our Bighorn to a Halmark dealer that is 10.5 miles away. His reply was that we could do it but, "don't expect to be placed at the front of the line." I'm not sure what the implication is here, but I'm not sure that they even are required or obligated to do anything for us at all. Sorry to be so long winded, but what do all the folks that purchase from far away dealers do? I know we will all have problems, these coaches are far from perfect. :confused:

dieselengineer
06-04-2006, 12:07 PM
nscaler2
You have a good point about service. I weighted the distance against the number of items I needed the dealer to fix. For me, I do most of the work myself and like to upgrade and customize the mechanical and electrical systems. I have already addressed a number of items when I removed the underbelly and storage sides to add things like outside entertainment center, bike rack, backup lights, additional LP gas outlets, satellite radio, LED lights, golf cart batterys, inverter (I don't like sound of a noisy generator). For the most part the coaches are not hard to work on. The breakers are std CH type, the appliances are all std in the RV industory.

Great camper, an enjoy to have!

Jim & Cheryl

Deb
06-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Tom

The closest Heartland dealer was 192 miles -so we went 500 mile to RV's for Less to save $$$. If we have any problems in the future we will go to a local RV shop that has done work for us in the past. This RV shop is not a dealer ship - just a good repair shop. They even made a house call one time.

Deb

PS: Do you make house calls?? My husband is outside right now trying to figure out where all his stuff will go in the basement.

Zac
06-07-2006, 03:41 PM
ok, now I'm really curious. I live just outside of Washington, DC (or as I like to call it, ground zero). We have a dealer within 1.5 hrs of us. Not to pry, but is RV for Less chosen more for service or for price? Can anyone give me a ballpark of how much $$ we are talking about in savings over any old dealer? I mean, hundreds, thousands, give me a sense of it so I can decide if the 500+++++ mile trip might just be worth it. Thanks to all of you for some really great info in this forum!

Midastouch
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
In my case ... thousands!

Not only can you save money but the personal attention that I have received, just in emails and phone conversations has convinced me that I have made the right decision to make the drive soon! I'm going to make a vacation out of the trip with the nights stays at the RV resort in Pidgeon Forge and hang out there for a couple days!

I can't wait for the trip!

Call them!

Midastouch
06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
BTW ... I can only go by what I have been told and my gut feeling when I've talked to them, but the service (PDI, etc) is outstanding.

Trap
06-07-2006, 05:08 PM
We live up here in Alberta, the difference in price from RV's For Less and the local Dealer up here is substantial. On the 3055RL its about 8k US dollars. On the 3400RL its about 15K. The dealers up here won't budge. I guess they figure with the boom in the oil patch they don't have to. I am concerned about warranty work though. It would cost about 2k to get delivered to the US Border. How ever our stepson lives in Alabama. So it may make for a nice Trip.

Trap:confused:

svd
06-08-2006, 05:46 AM
I would also recommend Lakeshore RV in Muskegon Michigan http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/ ask for John. We were very pleased with their pricing and service attitude, although we have not had any repair issues. They are shipping units out all over the country, and will also deliver a unit anywhere if needed. Good luck, we are pleased with our choice!

jpmorgan37
06-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Give Butch a call. Check him out at www.rvsforless.net (http://www.rvsforless.net). I drove 1000 miles from Texas to Knoxville to purchase my Grand Canyon from him and I will tell you that the personal treatment, the attention to details and the price differential made the entire transaction well worth the trip. If you want to deal with someone who does what he promises, then Butch Burson is the right person for you.

John

Trap
06-08-2006, 02:08 PM
I have to admit that I was amazed with the speed of return info from my E-mail, and the no BS pricing info they provided. I had E-mailed them with the model Nos. I was interested in and all the options that I wanted. They priced all options seperately and I received a return e-mail the next morning from Karen. I was impressed.

TraP

seamo
07-25-2006, 06:07 PM
My experience with purchasing a Landmark Golden Gate outside of my living area (I live in Eureka Ca and purchased my fiver in Seattle Wa). I had abosolutly no problems with Heartland by having a local RV repair shop do warranty work. His shop was 10 minutes from my home. The dealership is 12 hours away.
GO HEARTLANDNone

seamo

v92c
07-25-2006, 10:43 PM
...His reply was that we could do it but, "don't expect to be placed at the front of the line." I'm not sure what the implication is here.... :confused:

We took our RV in for the initail warranty repair list to the dealer we bought from. We were not put at the front of any list. After it had been there two weeks, they said it was ready. I went to pick it up and looked at it, there were numerous things on the list that had not been addressed. So to make a long story short, I inspected it and told them what had to be completed on the list TWICE I went back to make sure they were still working on it. After 6 weeks, I finally took it even though they had not finished the repairs.

I wonder how long it would take if we were "at the back of the line"?

svd
07-26-2006, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't expect to be put at the front of the line, whether I purchased there or not. The only exception I can think of is someone who is in the middle of a trip and has a problem, I wouldn't mind that (like PK!). Otherwise I would make an appointment and take it in. If after the unit was at the dealer, my work was being rescheduled to accomodate someone who bought at that dealer (if I didn't), I would be unhappy.

DougLynne
08-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Trap, I too live in Alberta (Calgary) and pricing hasn't come up as yet but we really would like to get the Bighorn 3055. I talked to a fellow in Whitehorse who bought his locally and service was REALLY bad. Likes his coach but the local dealers service seems to be a problem..../Doug

GaryB
09-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Just curious for those of you that have gotten quotes from both RVs for Less and Lakeshore RV (In Michigan). Which place gives the better deal?

Thanks
Gary

williamsfamilytah
09-04-2006, 08:41 PM
GaryB, I am curious about this also. The local heartland dealer told me that lakeshore strips down the units and that is why they are so cheap. I think that is a bunch of baloney. Then the dealer told me in so many words that he wouldnít service a product from any other dealer. This almost forces me to have to buy local or learn to travel 8 to 14 hours for service. SVD, how was your experience with Lakeshore?

Thanks,
Wes

DennisZ
09-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Wes
I bought my BH 3055RL from Lakeshore, let me assure you, they do not strip down their units to lower the price. if anything, they have extras. They were very good to deal with, but they are 2200 miles away for service, so I knew I'd be on my own. So far, I haven't needed anything major, the couple of little things I needed they have taken care of.
Good luck on your purchase.

highrail
09-05-2006, 12:00 AM
I checked with both dealers before I purchased from Lakeshore RV. I don't beleive you can go wrong with either dealer. RVs for less does order there coachs with Gel coats, dual glass windows and give a extened warranty all which add up to about $5,000. Lakeshore was $10,000 cheaper without the above extras. I paid $37,559. for my 3400Rl before a couple of options and taxes and for that price Lakeshore furnished and installed my hitch. Since I don't plan to to become a full timerer I didn't think I would need them. I too have thought about service from other dealers but there isn't a bighorn dealer within 275 miles of my home anyway( Nashville, TN area).
Only problem I have had was my disagreement with the factory about tires. Until all the RV manufactures quit putting cheap Chinese tires on there coachs we will have to bite the bullet and replace them ourselves, my peace of mind is worth $1200. If you live within a hundred miles of Knoxville buy from RVs for less, within a hundred miles of Muskegon go with Lakeshore. Everywhere else its a toss up.
Want a personal anwser send me your phone number.

williamsfamilytah
09-05-2006, 07:05 PM
DennisZ and highrail,

Thank you both for your post, I had an Idea the local dealer was full of it about lakeshore. I havenít pushed the dealer for price yet, I do not plan to purchase until Jan or Feb. That sure would make for an interesting trip to Michigan. *L* I will go in and see what the local dealers will do for me and make a decision at that time. I actually have two dealers close, one in Tulsa about 65 miles away and one in Chetopa, KS about 90 miles away. Big difference from 8 to 9 hours for RVS For Less and about 18 or so hours from Lakeshore. Thanks again, you have both helped me greatly!!!

Thanks,
Wes
:)

jjjelm
09-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Hello there Williams family....something to consider...we ordered our BH 3055RL from Lakeshore in early April this year and it was delivered in June. You may be able to work around that winter weather by ordering just a little later than Jan. or Feb. We were VERY happy with both the service & price from Lakeshore! Wonderful Wyoming

williamsfamilytah
09-05-2006, 09:27 PM
jjjelm,
Thatís true, I didnít think about the ordering lead time. Are you having the issues with finding a dealer to do warranty repairs in Wyoming? I think highrail has a strong point. Iím not a hundred miles from either RVS For Less or Lakeshore. So, it is a tossup where I buy!!! Thanks for the help and you do live in a beautiful part of the country.

Thank you,
Wes

jjjelm
09-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Well Williams family here is how we figure it on BH dealer work....we are 3/4 timers so chances are we could be anyplace when we have a problem. So we'll just have to depend on hopefully not too many problems and finding a dealer that will do the work for us. We went the 1200 miles to Lakshore for the price but ended up having a GREAT experience. Wonderful Wyoming

fireflipper
09-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I have to put my two cents in here. If the dealer says he will not service the unit if you buy from another dealer, than would you trust him in the first place. I would also call the factory and see what they have to say about this. A good dealer would service the unit no matter where it was bought, and I have had mine serviced in several places other than the dealer where I bought it.

williamsfamilytah
09-06-2006, 06:50 AM
fireflipper,
You hit the nail on the head, I didnít get a warm and fuzzy with the local dealer and I do not know enough about the dealer to trust him. They are new to Tulsa, they have had dealerships for a long time though in OKC and Norman, Oklahoma. I feel the same way you do, a good dealer would service any coach no matter where the customer purchased it. I assuming the worst from his comments, I will just have to see how things will unfold when I go to make my purchase. Thanks for the help!!!

Thanks,
Wes

svd
09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Wes,
We are pleased with Lakeshore. As stated earlier, there are no stripped down versions there. We have had very little problem. When I got the unit home, I realized the crank they had provided to release the spare tire was the wrong one. I called them, and they sent the correct one in 2 or 3 days.

I also had an issue recently with a missing dust cap on one of the wheels, they also had that sent to me directly from Heartland. I would not hesitate to do business with them again. I did purchase a 7 year warranty for around $1,700 from them. Hope the info helps in your decision.

williamsfamilytah
09-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Thank you SVD for the reply, you have helped along with everyone else. I want to thank all of you once again for your help.

Thanks,
Wes

fireflipper
09-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Williams Family
Try looking in Arkansas, I know I saw a Heartland dealer on I-40 just east of Oklahoma, not sure of the exit number or name. I did have a problem and stopped in at lunch time last year. As soon as the service tech returned from lunch he fixed my problem, which was the furnace ignitor, and I was on my way within thirty minutes.

williamsfamilytah
09-07-2006, 06:22 AM
fireflipper,
Are you talking about Crabtree RV in Alma, Arkansas? I be darned, I didn't see that one, it is only 74 miles from me and alot nicer drive tan going to Tulsa or Kansas. I have been on their website before looking at Jayco's and HR Savoy's, they do not list Heartland as one of their manufacturers. Heartland's Dealer locator shows they are a dealer, they must be new!!!

Thank you fireflipper,
Wes

Fordsd250
09-07-2006, 11:20 AM
The dealer in Arkansas mentioned is in Van Buren. Outdoor Living Center I think. They also have a store in Russellville, AR. I got my 3500 BH here in North little Rock, AR. (River City RV). FYI.:)

williamsfamilytah
09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Fordsd250,

I knew that there was a dealer near Littlerock that handled Heartland Products. I had found it doing the Dealer Search on Heartland’s site. Crabtree wasn’t in my search results for my zip code. I just did another search for my zip code and here are the results:

Dealer
City, State Country
Distance
CRABTREE RV CENTER, INC. (http://www.heartlandrvs.com/dsearch/detail.php?id=10283)
ALMA, AR USA
WALKER RV (http://www.heartlandrvs.com/dsearch/detail.php?id=10231)
TULSA, OK USA

Chetopa RV Center Inc. (http://www.heartlandrvs.com/dsearch/detail.php?id=44)
Chetopa, KS USA

I guess they just picked up Heartland products within the last two weeks or so! How was your purchase experience from the dealer in North Little Rock?

Thank you,
Wes

Fordsd250
09-08-2006, 08:18 AM
I feel we got a good deal here in North little rock. We traded in a Montana and was real happy with what they gave us for it. I have not been back to the dealer since Feb 06, but they fixed everything on my list. I am real pleased with the heartland folks as they respond to all of my questions and concerns in quick fashion. I have had small issues but so far everything has been taken care of. My BigHorn is out of warranty now, but I have a very good independant RV shop that is very good.
No matter what brand of RV you go for, they all have issues to work out. the Montana had issue just like the Bighorn. If you understand this going in, you won't be too disappointed. Good luck on whatever you chose.
We are headed for the Smokey mountains next week and looking forward to some cooler weather.

williamsfamilytah
09-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Amen Fordsd250, These hundred degree days are for the birds, ready for winter for sure. Have a safe trip and take care.

Thanks,
Wes

Jim_1899
09-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I purchased our Big Horn in April of 2006 from the closest dealer thinking of service and they did give us a good price. The service has been very poor, we did get everything done but it has not been easy. Next time I am going to shop and I don't care how far I go to get the best deal since I am not getting service anyway.

skedaddle
09-09-2006, 12:53 AM
The Arkansas Bighorn Dealers are River City RV in Sherwood (which is just north of North Little Rock) and Outdoor Living Center in Van Buren. The Outdoor Living Center location in Russellville does not carry Bighorn, but they do have a couple of Landmarks. We've been to River City RV looking at the Bighorns several times and stopped at Outdoor Living Center in Van Buren once. We prefer River City, even though we are only a few miles from Outdoor Living Center's Russellville store. In fact, we will be picking up our little Bighorn in Sherwood on Friday.... (Little Bighorn -- has a familiar ring -- wasn't there a battle at the Little Bighorn? -- oh, yeah, a fellow by the name of George Armstrong Custer) Our little Bighorn is the 2925. None

The Chetopa RV Center in Kansas is a small but good dealership, as far as I could see from one visit. They only carry fifth wheels, and have both the Bighorn and the Sundance. If they were closer to us, we probably would have bought from them.

williamsfamilytah
09-09-2006, 01:12 AM
You have a good point Jim, you really do not know about a dealers service until after the sale. Unless you can find people who have purchased from them to find out their experience.

skedaddle, the people at Chetopa RV Center in Kansas were great to talk to and seemed to be very knowledgeable. I will probably talk to them before I purchase. I donít think the Outdoor Living Center in Van Buren carries Sundance do they? Congrats on your ďlittle BighornĒ Purchase.:)

Thanks,
Wes

skedaddle
09-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Wes,

I don't remember seeing any Sundance models at Van Buren Outdoor Living Center and they do not have any in their on-line inventory now. What I recall seeing was Big Horns, Landmarks, and Heartland's Trailrunner travel Trailer, which is consistent with their current on-line inventory.

Mike

fireflipper
09-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Williams Family
I just home last night and jsut now checking my mail. I looked for the business card of the dealer, but can not find it. I know they had Heartland products last December when I had mine serviced and they still were carring them when I went past two weeks ago. They are east of Oklahoma right off I-40. So if this is the same one you are refering to, check them out.

fireflipper
09-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Williams Family
I got home last night and just now checking my mail. I looked for the business card of the dealer, but can not find it. I know they had Heartland products last December when I had mine serviced and they still were carring them when I went past two weeks ago. They are east of Oklahoma right off I-40. So if this is the same one you are refering to, check them out.

williamsfamilytah
09-09-2006, 08:04 PM
fireflipper,
Sounds like we are talking about the same dealer, I will have to go check them out!!!

Thanks!

jrlebaron
02-04-2008, 08:55 AM
We bought from RV's for Less around the end of June. My sister did also. We checked several dealers near us (2hrs) they had quatoed my sister a price that when it came time to buy they didn't live up to it. RV's was recommended to us, they emailed a price that was low enough that it paid for a trip to Tn. We stayed at their lot for 4 days while they did a check of everything. If we found something wrong all we had to do was get a tech and they would corrected anything that didn't meet with our approval. We also spend a week in Piegon Forge. Since our purchase Heartland has brought on board several dealerships that I would have bought from if they were dealers at the time of purchase. Both dealers have help me with warrenty work. A big thanks to them and to Heartland for all their help. Jim

Larryheadhunter
02-05-2008, 03:45 AM
Hey Gary, I spoke at length with John at Lakeshore and he was a real big help even knowing i had ordered a bighorn from another dealer here at Clovis RV. He even called his high up friends at Heartland and helped me figure out what the real deal was. You can save the most money by buying at a RV show where Heartland incentivizes the dealers so you can get a huge discount and also get extra options for free as they want to make a good showing. If you have a problem like I did by ordering a 2008 bh 3400RE in sept it all works out as they are now driving my new 2009 to Clovis to be picked up shortly. Just call up the heartland factory and speak to a customer rep or find out which heartland rep reps your state or region. I got an awesome deal that even Lakeshore couldn't match.

Iamagoner
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
What is the web address to this RV for less I have never heard of it. I was thinking about going to the one in Mesa Az RV Factory Direct has anyone ever had any experience with them:D

jpmorgan37
02-06-2008, 08:20 PM
The website for RV's for Less is:Here (http://www.rvsforless.net/)

John

Iamagoner
02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone has done business with any of those factory direct RV Dealers, I wrote RVSforless and am just waiting for them but I was just interested in any others closer to Utah.

madigand
02-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I would have to add that Karen and Butch at RV's for Less are the real thing. They did exactly what they said and had out unit waiting for us when we picked it up last April. They had gone thru it and added the extra things that they do. The price was the same as they quoted me while I was in AZ. Drove down to TN and was completly satisfied with them Highly recommend

resqguy
05-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow, such good remarks from the dealer we are buying our 3600RL from. We live in NC and made the trip because of their selection. RVsforLess has been hitting the auctions looking for used Bighorns. We were able to get a great deal on a used unit. They seem committed to the Heartland brand.

blackfin
07-07-2008, 02:07 PM
zac, I live in southern MD and know the dealer you are referring to, actually I purchased my previous camper from them. They could not get anywhere near the price of my 3950 that I got from Karen and Butch...thousands less. Don't get me wrong the people at the other dealer are very nice and helpful but money is money.

Jimmyt5
07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I pourchased my Big Horn from these people,comparable price to Rv for less and a lot closer (8) miles....Call and ask for Tim, he is the owner...

http://www.chesapeakervsolutions.com/

Jim

kakampers
07-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm a little confused here...I've heard all these wonderful things about RV's for Less, and how quick Butch and Karen respond, etc.

Well I spoke to Butch last week on Wednesday. Asked for a quote on a new Landmark. He was very nice and we talked for quite awhile. He promised me a quote on a new unit and information on our trade in that evening. He handed me off to Karen who took the e-mail address...she was very nice too! As of this evening I've never heard a word...I even sent them a follow-up e-mail on Saturday reminding them of our conversation!

If this is how they respond...not sure I want to deal with them...what's up with this! I guess I'll have to find someone who wants a sale...

Paul & Nan
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Really surprised to hear of the lack of response you have gotten. We have had to call back a couple of times, but generally good response from Butch and Karen. Good enough that we ordered a BH 3670 from them last week. They seem to be really busy there, so maybe try calling again.

Nan
03 Silverado 2500 HD
Pacbrake
06 BH 3500RL
soon to be 09 BH 3670RL

rvfool
07-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I brought my bighorn 3670 from them in May this year. They were very helpful and the best dealership I've ever worked with. Responsive with questions, Help me with my loan with was with USAA. I was very concerned about dealing with someone off the internet. The end result was I travel over 1300 miles one way to trading my Grand Junction and buy the Bighorn. We love how they treated me and the wife. They are by far the best people I've ever deal with. They are also a very strong christian family and very honest. You will not go wrong with them.

5erWonk
07-24-2008, 06:57 PM
We bought our 3055 from them Feb of last year, even drove 2300mi from CA to pick it up. We couldn't have been happier with their service. It was amazing all of the extra little things they did to prepare our unit for arrival and PDI.

I did a full day PDI and found very little wrong. Butch, Karen and the rest of the crew were very patient with us and fixed everthing before we left. By the way Butch bought us Chandlers BBQ (best BBQ in Tenessee) for the road.....UMMMM Good, also 2 extra jars of sauce which we just used from the freezer last weekend on some great ribs.

I would do it again.

kakampers
07-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Well all I can say is...it's been two weeks and they never did respond...not the kind of company I'd want to deal with! I shouldn't have to keep contacting them for information they promised.

kakampers
07-26-2008, 09:06 PM
UPDATE...I was finally contacted by RV's for less. They gave me a quote, however, apparently didn't listen to anything I said. Instead of quoting on the options I asked for, they quoted something completely different...what's up with that!

Well I guess I should at least be happy they finally got back to me...

driver311
07-26-2008, 10:08 PM
maybe u should email them back and try to get what u want . bad mouthing good people isn't the way to handle any thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

driver311NoneNone

kakampers
07-27-2008, 12:57 PM
driver311...NO ONE is bad mouthing anyone!! I'm simply stating the facts...

They are the ones who promised me timely information. And they are the ones who did NOT provide me with what was requested. If you have a problem with me stating exactly what happened...then that is YOUR problem...not mine!!

As I stated earlier...I should not have to repeatedly contact them to obtain what they promised. They were contacted on more than one occasion with this request, and in my opinion took an unreasonable amount of time to respond. Especially when the quote was promised the DAY that I spoke to them...not almost two weeks later!!

No one said they weren't good people...just a little lacking in the followup department. Get over it!

Pulltab
07-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Alrighty then! :) Kathy only speaks the truth. Emails often get forgotten and that could be what happened. She meant no harm, I don't think she was bad mouthing them driver. :)

Forrest Fetherolf
07-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Kathy,

You got my vote.................sounds like the dealer may have quoted something they had in stock. Two weeks later.............I haven't seen any long line of buyers kicking down the doors to buy RV's lately. I think I would be prone to "bad mouth" under those circumstances...........facts are facts.

Forrest

cjbearden
07-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Kathy, hugs, I agree with you. In early June prior to making our purchase of the Augusta, I emailed RVs for Less and did not get a response within about three days so we went with a dealer closer at hand. I then emailed RVs for less again and kindly let them know I no longer required their services. Still not even a "Sorry, we couldn't help you or nothing!"

I understand fully that they have helped a lot of people and we can never know what is really going on with someone at any given time as to why they couldn't or wouldn't respond. I forgive them and hope they will be able to help others. I am sorry it didn't work out for us, too.

CJ

jbeletti
07-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey gang - let's put a fork in this one. Time to put this thread to rest. Anyone with new feedback on their experience with RVs For Less, please feel free to start a new thread.

Happy camping y'all!.

Jim