Boat Hitch

criviere

I would like to see Heartland add a Boat Hitch to there option list. Lot's of campers like to tow there boats,and in my case a small trailer to haul my 2 Scooters.

Looks like several rv companies have this option.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Criviere, You didn't say what coach you have or what TV. 1st, find out what the "Length Law" is in your state. In Calif. its 65 feet. In some states you might have to get a class "A" license. You are pulling doubles.

2nd, good luck backing up with a short trailer behind a 5'er. When hooked up you will need a pull through or a big spot to stop and unhook the rear trailer. Bob:D

lhetsler

If you read this site and others, you will soon realize that the suspension on these units is build for a compromise between heavy enough to handle the weight of the unit and soft enough to not shake the snot out of the interior.

To tow a boat or trailer you would be compromising the suspension without a doubt. Then you have problems with collapsed spring and bent axles.

I wouldn't dream of towing anything much heavier that a bike rack unless you are able and willing to do some beefing up of the suspension.