Height of Sundance 3300RLB vs. Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

New4RVers

We're considering taking our Sundance 3300RLB over/through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (CBBT) on vacation. The CBBT has a height of 13'6". I believe I read that the RV has a height of 12'4", but does that include the AC unit, antenna, etc, or are those in addition? We also have the Max Vent in the upper bedroom.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

thomasinnv

the height dimension given by the factory is to the highest point on the roof as it comes from the factory, including ac. if you have the upgraded axles as i do, the height is slightly higher. you should be well within the 13'6 however.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Several of our club members have reported going thru the tunnels with no problems. Good luck with your trip and have a great time.

D

Dave Willis

The overall height of your unit is 12'4". That does include the AC and everything. You would need to check to see how tall your bedroom vent is that you put on. I can't imagine that it would be that tall!

Thanks,

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
13'6" height is max legal. There are no RVs being made that are over this including the AC.

Most Semi truck van trailers are 13'6" and if they can safely go through it you will fit no problem. I have run 13'6" refrigerated semi trailers though the Chesapeak Bay bridge tunnels many times no problem.

Happy camping. Mike

itsbeertime

Like everyone has said, you'll be fine. I've been through it with no problems at all. Plenty of room. Wonder where about in VA you are? You can PM me if you like.

dalspot

We used to drive a 13'6" tractor trailer thru there all the time. They have detectors prior to the toll booth, and believe me, if *anything* taps those detector rods, they will pull you over and do a more thorough height check. Our CB antenna would occasionally set off the alarm, we always were fine on trailer height.