Midship Turn Signals

Rigmover06

On our 3950 I noticed we only have the single marker clearance light. Has anyone ever mount a midship signal light like the ones we have on the big trailers to theirs?

Reason I ask is because when I measured our units we are 65' nose to tail.
I thought it might be a good idea to mount one on either side just so when we are in traffic and need to do a lane change someone beside can see a signal light. Or am I out to lunch?
TYIA
Dan

Rigmover06

Trailer wiring Diagrams

IS there some place I can get a copy of my trailers wiring diagram?
I want to mount a midship turn/clearance on our 3950 and was wondering about where to tap in in the wiring harness. is it run in one big loom down one side or both sides. Minor stuff like that:D

Thanks
Dan

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I do know that Bob (Bob&Patty) has put them on his Bighorn. We ordered them at the same time, however mine are still sitting in the garage. Your thoughts are right on.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you need to find the wire that runs to the rear, trace it from the plug, or the box up near your pin pox. I will run a separate wire harness from my truck. That way I can separate the brake and turn signal. Then the mid ship light will not go on when I apply the brake.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Running lights can be picked up right off your clearance lights. Turn signal Wires run down the right side of the underbelly. You should check for wire colors al the pin box like Dave says.Wired this way they will come on with your brake lights. JON :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mike Aplin

I do not believe that Heartland provides any wiring diagrams, however, did you check with customer service here? They should be able to provide you with the general information that you are looking for. Thank you, Mike

Delaine and Lindy

We have the mid turn signal lights and also have signal lights on the Freightliners front fenders, and they don't come on when the brakes are applied. Our Gooseneck equipment trailer has them but when you apply the brakes the mid turn signal light does come on unless the turn is applied. Unless you stop lights and turn signal lights are independent of each other you will probably have to run seperate wires. I do think that they should be a standard option for all 5th wheels. Good Luck. GBY.....

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan, Dave and I ordered our lamps from this place.http://store.vehiclelight.com/. Order them on-line and type in "spooky 13" and the shipping is free. Dave and I both ordered the 16 LED markers. I went a little farther with mine. I made the mid-ship turn signals work from the truck. I didnt want them to come on with the brake lights. It wasn't hard to do, just a little time consuming. If memory serves me, the marker lamp color code is, green/white (maybe brown/white) for B+ and the white is ground. Pop out 1 of the tail lamps and use a test lamp. The wires used are not small wires. BTW, I ordered my LED tail lamps from Harbor freight. Cheapest I found and are 10 LED's. The marker and tail/stop lamps are BRIGHT. Tried them out 1 night and had airplanes landing in my driveway. If you notice, I added 3 more markers to each side of the coach.. Being an X trucker..........I WANT TO SEEN. You can't ever have enough lights. Bob:D

Attachments

• trailer mods 017 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 017 (Large).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 54
  • trailer mods 016 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 016 (Large).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 51

Rigmover06

Chicken Mobilin'

Being an X trucker..........I WANT TO SEEN. You can't ever have enough lights. Bob:D[/quote said:
Ain't no feelin like Chicken Mobilin..
I actually bought the Grote midship turn and marker lights from Fort Garry this afternoon, plus 12 3 LED slim clearance lights.
Since the Pete is lit up like a rolling christmas tree figured the Cyclone oughta be the same. Mama wasn't too happy buuuut.. Ya know it's all in the interest of public safety and all.:rolleyes:

Thanks
Dan

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dan, wiring the mid-ship turns requires a seperate plug. You cant use anything in the 7 prong plug that came with the coach. You might be able to on the OL' petercar though. I bought a small 4 prong chrome trailer plug and used it. Only needed 2 wires. All you have to do is find the wires going to the rear signals. Looks like you have a Dodge TV. Does it have seperate turn-stop bulbs? If it does its really easy to wire. Sent you my number,its easier to tell you than type it, cause you have to run the wires up through the goose neck of the cyclone and out to the pin box. Bob:D PS. still want a 359 narrow nose though and 50's fenders on it.

Last edited:

trvlrerik

Another great Idea, I just drove thru Dallas/Ft Worth at 5pm. a bright turn signal would have helped a ton. Well worth a days worth of time.