damaged wiring from blown tire

Bill1374

Hi all,
Home from our trip with the new to us Big Horn 3400rl. was a good trip except for the blown tire. Question is - on the curb side, there is a wire loom with two doubled wires ending in what appears to be slip connectors. They appear to drop in behind the steps but I have no idea where they connect. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bill1374, one place could be your side marker light. Another is the step light. Check them with your tester. If one has 12 volts and the other is the neutral, (check continuity to ground) then it is most likely for the side marker. A picture would be helpful. What color are the wires?

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, Dave and I know about the marker lamp wiring.....trust me. The green/white wire is power for the marker lamps. The white wire is ground. Bob:D

Bill1374

Thanks, I'll look. The side marker is definitley pulled out but the step lights work. More chasing shows me the fantastic fan in the kitchen is not working now. Fun and joy of 12 v wiring. I'll try for a picture later this morning if I can't get this solved.

Thanks, Bill

Bill1374

Got it. You guys are right. What had me confused was that the connectors are pulled off the marker lights but thats where the wires go. Trusty NAPA store to get a generic GM marker socket which fits right rewiring done. Now to straighen out the panels and refasten them.
The fan was something Fantastic told me long ago. We've had so much rain that there was moisture under the rain sensor which would not let the fan open. Dried it out and all is well.

Thanks,Bill

rdrew5762

Had the same problem today. We had a blowout and the treads took ou the marker light on the curb side.i now have 3 white wires and a green/white wire. I was able to tape the green/white to one of the whites to get the running lights to work, but where do the other 2 whites go? I am assuming the marker light that was ripped out.