Bad solar panel integrated with Dometic AC cover

breid

My dealer has troubleshot an ongoing problem down to a faulty solar panel. It was only put out around 4V and was not wired to the batteries properly.

My Cyclone has been parked there for the last month while this has been on order. According to my dealer, Valley RV in Wasilla AK, they have placed a few calls but have not been able to speak with anyone regarding the status of he order. Their # is 907-745-7741 and Tom is the service manager.

Any information or help would be appreciated.

thanks

jimtoo

HI breid,

I would suggest you get on the phone Monday and call the plant, 877-262-8032 or 574-262-8030. Have your VIN number and information ready. Explain your problem and ask for help.

Jim M

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
you can call the plant but we are not going to be much help to you. We do not install solar panels, so if the wiring to them is messed up we will not know where to begin. I apologize but you should start with the dealer that installed them.

The only one that Heartland has ever had that could be considered a solar panel is a little one that comes mounted on the air conditioning unit. if that is what you are referring to then please call and we will work through Dometic to figure it out.

breid

That's the one. Apparently it is some kind of trickle charger. The problem with it is that when the battery disconnect is off it was supplying approx 4V to the LP Sensor. This was enough to cause its alarm to sound.

The dealer troubleshoot it down to the solar panel, because it should be putting out 12V. Also, I would think that the trickle charger should be wired directly to the batteries so that it will keep them charged even while the disconnect is turned off.

What I hoping for was that someone could return my dealers phone call and let them know when the replacement panel will be shipped.

thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
That's the one. Apparently it is some kind of trickle charger. The problem with it is that when the battery disconnect is off it was supplying approx 4V to the LP Sensor. This was enough to cause its alarm to sound.

The dealer troubleshoot it down to the solar panel, because it should be putting out 12V. Also, I would think that the trickle charger should be wired directly to the batteries so that it will keep them charged even while the disconnect is turned off.

What I hoping for was that someone could return my dealers phone call and let them know when the replacement panel will be shipped.

thanks
breid, as Mr. Fenner suggested, call Heartland Customer Service. I believe the part should be coming from Dometic because it's supplied with the a/c unit from Dometic.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
I am having my tech Chris De La Paz contact Valley RV when they open today concerning your A/C unit and the solar panel. if you have any questions you can contact him at 877-262-8032.

jbeletti

For those interested, I placed online, a copy of the installation and operating instructions for the Dometic Duo-Therm 3307852.008 12 Volt DC Solar Powered
Maintenance Charger Kit For House Battery.

This particular kit is a separate orderable item for those that may be interested. You'd order this through a dealer. It's likely the same item that may come on some Dometic ACs.

I placed it in the Heartland Online Manuals tool. Here's a link.

Jim

breid

FennerJ - Thanks for following up. I spoke with the dealer this afternoon after they spoke with Chris. It sounded like they figured out what happened to the replacement part(s) and will be straightened out soon.

Jim - Thank you for fixing the title of this thread and for posting the link. You've been very helpful!