no power on electric Awning

jbhd

Just Picked up our new 2300RE on Friday, Wow what a living room. We debated over the 2900MK qnd the RE. All the neighbors came over to see the new coach and we ended up talking about 3hrs.

The coach is excellent during our PDI we tested everything even the electric awning.

Well Today I tried the awning and it extended 3 inches and stopped. I tried retracting it but nothing. I checked the fuses and none were lit. I then called my the tech that did the PDI with me at RV American and he said that there are breakers on the terminals where the batteries are. I told him there were no breakers on the terminals nothing to reset. So now I have to bring my 1 day old back to the dealer.:( Thats ok as I found some minior repairs needed but I want to wait until I go on vacation on the 20th for 10 days and shake it all down then bring my list to the dealer.

The only thing that changed is that the sales person asked where was my battery from my trade. I told him "remember I told you that I was not going to leave it as its a brand new Optima AGM battery." So he asked if he could take one of the 2 batteries in the sundance, which I said ok.

So today after the awning failed I thought I may be the missing battery. i installed my optima AGM battery in parallel with the interstate liquid. While doing so i noticed that Brad (the sales person) when he disconnected the battery, he disconnected the battery that went to the terminal to the coach:eek:. So basically I had no battery power from the coach but since it was still pluged into my truck I had 12 volt service from my TV.

I don't thing the batteries are an issue as my slides and power landing grears still work.

So does anyone out there have and idea what would cause the awing from not working? There is a procedure to by pass the switch which I'll try tomorrow as today my wife and I were busy:cool: loading up the coach.

Is there a manual crank on these awnings,:confused: as I don't seem to see one? What happens if the awning is extended and the motor burns out how do you get the awing retracted?:eek:

Thanks
John
Boy.

D

Dave Willis

I've sent your questions over to our service dept. They should be getting in touch with you soon.

Thanks,

jbhd

Dave thanks,
I posted this on the Sundance electrical site and updated it as follow:

1st.
my awning is a Colorado Care-free awning.

So this morning(sunday) I went out and tried the awning and guess what it, worked...well for a while.

I first retracted it, then extended it half way, retracted it a bit then extended it fully. I then fully retracted it, when I tried to extend it again it would not work.

This is the same issue Tom is having:eek::confused: What the HECK!!!!

So it's not a fuse, battery issue it seems more like a switch issue.
Anyone from Heatland have any ideas? I did see another post, similar but it wasn't for the Care-free awning and heartland sent out a new switch.

I emailed Colorado CareFree and they said

good afternoon and thank you for your email. I do apologize for the
issues with the Travel'r. It could be a motor, a wiring or a switch
issue. For technical assistance please call a dealer in your area, if
you are still wanting to speak with a Carefree customer service
representative, you can call 303-469-3324.
Sincerely
Laura McCauley

Customer Service

Carefree of Colorado

2145 W. 6th Ave.

Broomfield, CO 80020

Have a Carefree Day!

So my question is this, I checked Carefree's web site for dealers that services their awnings in my area and there is a mobile RV tech 1 mile from me. Now, the dealer where I purchased my RV (RV American), they are only listed as selling them not servicing them.
So do I bring it back to the dealer or can the Mobile RV tech take a look at it and have it serviced under my warranty?

John Iabone

PS LOVE the SUNDANCE!!!None

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
I would recommend taking the unit back to your selling dealer. The dealer can bill Heartland if it is a Heartland installation issue or if it is a Carefree issue. It would be easier that way.