holding tanks

Hi all, We have had non stop problems with holding tanks (grey) Have had one tank replaced due to crack and another re-glued. Yesterday I again noticed that there was a bulge in the under belly again it was filled with water. We opened it up to allow the water to escape and dry everything out any one having these problems. Also my counter top has alot of blemishes in it I was told that these could be polished out does anyone know???. Our Landmark is an Augusta 2009 so far we love it and yes have had problems but found that heartland is helping us out with these problems and I certainly hope they keep up the good relations. Although I do have to say that after reading some of these threads I'm alittle skeptic.

trvlrerik

If the countertop is a solid surface (corian or equivalent) if it is it can be easily sanded smooth with wet/dry 800 grit sandpaper followed up by polishing with automotive polishing paste. It is exactly like sanding a scratch out of auto paint. You do have to be careful not to sand a low spot into the countertop when removing the scratch or discoloration. Many small blemishes can be removed by application of an automotive polishing paste followed by a clear coat safe sealing wax.

I applied the sealing wax to our new countertops and they look like glass and the cats slide right off of them when they try to jump up, (water and food stains wipe right off to).

kkamshop

D&D,
We also have water in the belly of our Augusta, we think it is coming in when we drive in rain. Have you driven in rain?

We are taking the trailer up to Elkhart next week to have the issue addressed. Our plumbing system was checked pretty thoroughly back in May, the wet insulation was removed and replaced, buttoned up nice and dry.
DH drove it home (in rain) and it was wet inside again.

We'll keep you posted.

water in belly

Hi kkamshop, Our problem first started down in Yuma and there was no rain so I am not sure if rain has anything to do with it. We had to have one tank replaced because it was cracked but now we have water in the belly again seems to me that it is from the grey water holding tank not sure but like you would like this problem rectified please keep us informed thanks D&D

kkamshop

We don't think ours is from the tanks, that was one of the first things we checked.

We were assured by Jim Fenner at Heartland and Rob, the owner of RV Capital Service that they will do "whatever it takes" to correct the problem.