Modification Photos

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
These photos are of some mods I made earlier, based on ideas from the forums. The heater duct mod removed a three foot droop in the basement and improved the airflow to the bedroom register.

I'm also happy to report that so far this summer, everything works :D.

beardedone

Beardedone
In viewing your photos of plumbing I am not sure how you connected everything. I think you also plumb your black tank flush off that system. If so do you have a back flow preventer in there or do you just hook it up when needed? Also how many pounds of pressure do you have set on your valve?
thanks,

JohnDar

In viewing your photos of plumbing I am not sure how you connected everything. I think you also plumb your black tank flush off that system. If so do you have a back flow preventer in there or do you just hook it up when needed? Also how many pounds of pressure do you have set on your valve?
thanks,

City water and tank flush are run off the manifold. The flusher already has an anti-siphon valve, but the little black thing at the fitting is an on/off valve. So, I first turn on the manifold valve, then the second valve. Reverse the order when done to maintain positive flow. The regulator came preset for 50 psi and I have not changed it. The key is to get a regulator with the maximum gpm flow rate, which this one is (Watts N55B). The first filter is a RV-SED1 sediment filter, the second one is a F1Pb filter. The bottom hose is for utility and gives a much better flow than the wimpy shower wand. I left the top two hoses a bit long to reduce the strain trying to get them connected.

SilverRhino

John;

Thanks for the great ideas....and....pics! What are you using to plug the bottom of the docking center?? ( Green disk in last picture)

Thanks again.

JohnDar

John;

Thanks for the great ideas....and....pics! What are you using to plug the bottom of the docking center?? ( Green disk in last picture)

Thanks again.

That's a piece of 2" thick soft foam, with a slot cut to the center of the disk. I found a cut-off piece at a JoAnn Fabrics store that was big enough to cut about 3 or 4 of them from (only did one) for $8. I cut it about 1/2" oversize the entire diameter.

The manifold is not rigidly mounted to the board, but can be swung, if needed. The two pipe brackets are a bit oversize, so they don't hold the piping tight. Unintentional design element.

great modifications! What did you use to cover the big hole in the water connection compartment? We have had mice climb up the water hose and into the storage bin through this hole. j davidson ojd@yahoo.com

JohnDar

Thanks to all for the compliments, but as I said, I didn't originate the ideas but got them from these forums. Unfortunately, I don't have the "credits" for the ones that did on hand.

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
Just to clarify it looks like you are running your black flush through the filtering system also. Is this true?

JohnDar

Just to clarify it looks like you are running your black flush through the filtering system also. Is this true?

Yes, the filter system supplies the manifold. The amount of water used to flush the tank or for the utility hose is not enough to significantly degrade the filters before the end of the season. The whole idea is to not have to run multiple hoses from the pedestal.

SilverRhino

I too will have to "borrow" these ideas......checked supplies in the "extra parts bin" this morning......should have enough PEX valves and fittings to whip up a manifold for the BC.

Thanks again for sharing these ideas!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice work John! I don't remember if you had those completed when we were there. I must have that CRS disease.;) If I had one suggestion, it would be to color the tank flush valve black. Just for a safety reference. Not really a necessity as I have a similar set-up, but more for a visual reminder to ID the valve.

JohnDar

Nice work John! I don't remember if you had those completed when we were there. I must have that CRS disease.;) If I had one suggestion, it would be to color the tank flush valve black. Just for a safety reference. Not really a necessity as I have a similar set-up, but more for a visual reminder to ID the valve.

Ray, when you were here, I didn't have the manifold. I just put it together three weeks ago. Good idea to color the valve. I was going to use a short section of a black garden hose, but was in a hurry, had the white, so went with it. Might still change it. Just to address the fears about cooties swimming upstream (I really don't see it as a problem), I picked up a hose bibb vacuum breaker to add to the manifold for the black line. $5 at a plumbing supply company. It'll get put on next weekend when we go back up north.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Good job with the pictures. I did mine with the brass manifold from lowes that i think jim beletti or somebody had pictures of earlier. Also used one of the filters like you have, but mounted it inside the storage compt. Where the piping jungle of hoses and wires are. Out of my way and don't have to use the tote.

JohnDar

Good job with the pictures. I did mine with the brass manifold from lowes that i think jim beletti or somebody had pictures of earlier. Also used one of the filters like you have, but mounted it inside the storage compt. Where the piping jungle of hoses and wires are. Out of my way and don't have to use the tote.

I thought about the brass manifold, too, but decided to go CPVC instead. As for the tote, I wanted two filters and a regulator, so that would not fit in the UDC. After having to crawl under the sink in our TT to change the filter and then mop the floor under it, the tote idea was a no-brainer for me. Even with all our "stuff" in the trailer, there is plenty of room in the basement to store it when not in use. Granted, if we were "full-timers," that might not be the case.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
John

I like all the mods, and may copy them. One question on the filters, how do you change the filters? Does the tote spread apart enough, to pull it all out?

JohnDar

John

I like all the mods, and may copy them. One question on the filters, how do you change the filters? Does the tote spread apart enough, to pull it all out?

With the hoses off, there is enough flex in the plastic tote to jockey the whole thing out. Or, I could just change them in the tote and mop up the spillage. One way to clean it :D. Another thing I did to the tote was to duct tape some pieces of window screen around the holes on the outside of the tote. Does a pretty good job of keeping larger insects (like caterpillars) out of it. With no food inside it, I have not found many bugs inside it.

Don't have a picture, yet, but I've made a PVC pipe support for the large door side slide awning. I'll install it next week and take some pics. I noticed last visit that it did collect some rain water. The smaller awnings on the ODS did not.