Dual/Thermo Pane Windows...

SmokeyBare

We are ready to up-grade our Fifth Wheel to one better suited to our needs. I have had the pleasure of talking to a Bighorn owner... who was very satisfied with his 3200RL rig. We had the chance to visit a dealer with several Bighorns in stock in Washington State. This gave us a chance to narrow down our decision on which floor plan we would like.

The Questions that come to mind are:

1. When Therom Pane windows are ordered... are ALL Windows thermo
pane ?

There were no BigHorns in the dealers lot that was equipped with these windows. There was another brand that had the option but the rear window was NOT therom pane... Not Dual Pane Glass.

We are considering an Upgrade to the Refrigerator. The 10 Cubic Foot model is what we have in mind. It said it comes with an ICE MAKER.

2. Is it possible to order this option with out the Ice Maker ?

3. What would the cost difference be?

4. What is lost in cabinets when the 10 Cu. Ft. is ordered ?

5. Rough Measurements of a 10 Cubic Foot Refrigerator ?

I also am considering the Electric Rear jacks. We have scissor style jacks and I can crank them down enough to help reduce the rocking back and forth as we move about inside the rig.

6. How stable do the electric jacks make the RV feel ?

This web site is fantastic for information. Thanks everyone who have made this site possible. Your doing a great service to all who are interested in this RV company and the produce they are selling.

Marv

tcbrady

Marv,

Answers to your questions:

1. all windows are dual pane
2. you can not order without ice maker
3. MSRP upgrade on 10 cu ft refer is $1,297
4. No cabinets are lost with 10 cu ft - only lose cabinets with the 12 cu ft
5. exterior measurements are the same as the 8 cu ft.
6. electric rear jacks make the the RV feel very stable - I have worked RV SHows with 20 people in the unit and the unit is extemely stable.

Hope this helps with your questions!!!

thanks,

SmokeyBare

fast reply !! How Nice...

Yes the answers will really help with our option selection.

We checked several floor plans out ... kicked the tires, opened every cabinet, sat in each chair!! Although many feel bigger is better, we have grown to enjoy camping in places where the RV sites are often short. The floor plan we have in mind is a 3055RL. This Unit will fit our needs quite well.

We are very pleased with Heartlands quality. Thanks for the answers.... Thanks for a great Forum...

Marv