Wiring diagram for Landmark

timdebs

Where can I find a tv cable wiring diagram for my Pinehurst. I am getting ready to install a dish network dual receiver in the living room that will also work the tv in the bedroom. I was told when we purchased camper the samsung entertainment center would also play dvd in bedroom, so I am assuming there is a cable running from living room to bedroom. I have had no luck making that work, can anybody help? Thanks, Tim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I was told when we purchased camper the samsung entertainment center would also play dvd in bedroom, so I am assuming there is a cable running from living room to bedroom. I have had no luck making that work, can anybody help? Thanks, Tim

I believe you were mislead. I have not ever heard of that. That's not to say something hasen't changed but I am almost positive that there is not a way to watch a DVD playing in the entertainment center on your bedroom TV. You can however listen to a CD or radio channels and possibly the DVD audio in the bedroom utilizing the ceiling speakers and the on-off switches on the wall.

Please keep us informed,
Mark

timdebs

It that is the case then I was mislead by the salesman, oh well not the first time quite sure it will not be the last. Can I put the dual tv dish network receiver (622) in the living room to run both the living room tv and bedroom tv? Will I have to run a satelite cable from the receiver to the bedroom?

osims

bsims
I think there is a way to use a dual outlet tuner using diplexers and back feeding. I think you have to put a jumper in the UDC and tie the two sat. lines together. I have two singles in our trailer , but check with your sat. installer, i think it will work.
Bill

wdk450

Dish Network dual receiver

I think there is a way to use a dual outlet tuner using diplexers and back feeding. I think you have to put a jumper in the UDC and tie the two sat. lines together. I have two singles in our trailer , but check with your sat. installer, i think it will work.
Bill

Timdebs:
I did a little Google search and came up with this website and diagram.
Ignore the multiple remote tv's at the top - you and I just have one, so a coax line without the switch will do it.
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/622.shtml

I am doing the same install, but with a VIP222K receiver (dual tuners, no DVR).
I guess we need to get the duplexer. I will check the Bighorn wiring diagram on the factory website to see what else. I'll post more when I have it figured out.

Jimmyt5

It that is the case then I was mislead by the salesman, oh well not the first time quite sure it will not be the last. Can I put the dual tv dish network receiver (622) in the living room to run both the living room tv and bedroom tv? Will I have to run a satelite cable from the receiver to the bedroom?

I have this setup in my house, you will have one cable coming in that will connect to a splitter,and that will feed the 622, then you have a cable from the 622 going to the bedroom, you run that TV on ch 60.

wdk450

Dish network wiring w/ Heartland

OK, I looked over the Dish network diagrams and the Heartland audio/video wiring and here is what I came up with.
You will need 4 short pieces (1 foot?) of RG-6 coax with F connectors on each end, and 2 UHF/VHF - Satellite (Frequencies) splitters/combiners. I know that local satellite installers have a lot of this stuff on my local Craig's list - I haven't checked Radio Shack for it yet.

One splitter will be located in the utilities hookup console, and 1 at the Dish receirver, near the main TV.

The Utility area splitter will have the Dish connected to the "SAT" terminal on the splitter. The "UHF/VHF" terminal should be connected to the "Cable" input to the trailer which goes directly to the bedroom terminal plate. The "combined" signal terminal will connect to the right hand "Satellite" trailer input. This goes to the main TV area.

The main TV area splitter will have the "SAT" terminal connected to the existing "DP Plus Separator" from your home install. This terminal is where your home dish coax connects. The UHF/VHF terminal connects to the Satellite receiver "Remote TV" output. The trailer's cable from the utilities connector attaches to the "combined" terminal.

I have one problem with the Heartland Audio/Video drawing. It shows a "switch with 2 caox inputs and 1 coax output feeding the TV. I don't know where this is, or if it will pass the 12 volts DC used by the reciever to power the dish LMB's. There is anote on the diagram that the cable from the utilites connections is "green" atthe switch. We may have to connect the TV area splitter directly to this and bypass the "switch".

Here are links to the diagrams:
Dish Network
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/622.shtml
(use the "DPP Twin with Diplexers diagram and ignore the 2nd dish and the extra TV2 receivers along with the "cable junction" feeding them - we just have 1 dish and 1 remote TV)

Heartlandhttp://www.heartlandrvs.com/product.html?id=2&name=Bighorn&type=Luxury+Fifth+Wheels&section=downloads
(Click on "Audio/Video Schematics)

timdebs

Dish network tech came out and installed the dual receiver and used either a diplexer or duplexer (could not understand what he said), only problem he had was the satellite cables (where all the handles and plumbing are) were white, but the cable going to the satellite hookup behind tv in the living room was black so somewhere along the line there is either a splitter or connector. He could not get satellite to hook so had to use the cable connection, now both tv's works great. He did have to switch some of the cable ends because they were not put on properly and could pull off with his hand. ONE THING HE DID SAY WAS NOT TO TELL DISH NETWORK THAT THIS RECIEVER WAS IN A RV BECAUSE THEN WE LOSE OUR LOCAL CHANNELS BOTH AT HOME AND ON THE NEW RECEIVER.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is my understanding the satellite companies will let you have the local stations at you stick built home but in an RV they will only let you have the network feeds i.e. ABC east or west, NBC east or west, CBS east or west, FOX east or west. At least that is what I have been told by both Direct and Dish. So if you have a receiver in your RV you just have to lie and tell them it is fixed and not mobile.

timdebs

The only think the tech said to Dish when he called them was he was adding another receiver to the account. He said we would be able to get our local channels at home even when we are in Bristol, TN. I will let you know in 2 weeks if that is true.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we got our Dish, the tech knew where it was going and told me that I wouldn't be able to get my local channels outside of 250-300 miles from Houston. When I returned I got my local channels just fine.

cgunn

Locals

I have never had a problem with Dish Network changing my locals.
I have had them for over a year and have moved several times.
Each time I call them and give them my new "service address" they
switch my locals to the area that I'm in,with no problem.
I have two receivers,one in the living room and one in the bedroom
and they work just fine. When the tech came out he traced the cables
and went around the booster in the bedroom and everything works just fine.
So anyway....Don't let 'em tell you that it won't work......
Just my 2-cents worth!!!!

2010augusta

Tim here is a print from the factory of the coax system in the Landmarks.

Attachments

• Landmark_Coax.pdf
    580.9 KB · Views: 92

timdebs

Alan, thanks for the diagram. Where or how did you find it? Are there other wiring diagrams available. The reason I ask I am in the process of trying to clean up the wiring, extra heater vent piping, vacum tubes, and last but not least water lines under Landmark. There is enough wiring rolled up to just about do another camper. Not to mention I will be able to move the petition wall back about 6-7 inches increasing my storage space. Thanks, again Tim

2010augusta

Alan, thanks for the diagram. Where or how did you find it? Are there other wiring diagrams available. The reason I ask I am in the process of trying to clean up the wiring, extra heater vent piping, vacum tubes, and last but not least water lines under Landmark. There is enough wiring rolled up to just about do another camper. Not to mention I will be able to move the petition wall back about 6-7 inches increasing my storage space. Thanks, again Tim

I was given it by the Heartland Service adviser for the Texas region. Call in and ask foe what you need and they might be able to email what you need.

timdebs

Will do thanks again. Would be nice to have available construction plans for camper just to see how it was built and where things are located or how things are wired, that way if I had a problem I at least would know where to look. Good luck on your new adventure. Ya'll (that is a southern thing) are the envy of many of us I am sure. Don't know how you decided to become "young fulltimers" but wish we had thought of it. Seems like what a life! Again good luck!

2010augusta

Good luck on your new adventure. Ya'll (that is a southern thing) are the envy of many of us I am sure. Don't know how you decided to become "young fulltimers" but wish we had thought of it. Seems like what a life! Again good luck!

My wonderful wife was a traveling nurse before I met her, and the only thing she disliked about the job was the bad apartments and cr@py hotels she would get stuck in, and I already knew a lot about RV's, so now we always have the same home no matter what state it is parked in.:D It is a great life, and many of our friends believe we are crazy, but we would not change a thing.

timdebs

I can only imagine. When Debbie and I decided to upgrade to Landmark, we agreed that we were going to enjoy it and LIFE NOW! We can not do it full time YET, but we do camp a lot.We figured it is just like having children, if you say you are going to wait until you can afford one it will never happen. Things just have a way of working out. Keep us up to date on your travels that is one thing I like about this forum is hearing the fun things people do. Good Luck!