Pre-Nashville 2010 Mini-Rally & Convoy

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm moving the discussion on the 2010 National Rally convoy and min-rally over here. It looks like we could have a pretty good representation at the National Rally next year and a lot of interest in convoying in together (that's redundant, isn't it?:rolleyes:) and having a mini-rally the night before somewhere along the way. Of, course, that depends on planning to arrive on the same date. Anyway, I'm just putting out feelers right now. If you're interested, post a note here. We'll formalize this later.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Gus, It would all depend on timing but John and I would love to join in a HL Convoy.:D If it's doable count us in!!! We are planning to spend extra time there to celebrate our 25th anniversary.:eek:

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
I'm moving the discussion on the 2010 National Rally convoy and min-rally over here. It looks like we could have a pretty good representation at the National Rally next year and a lot of interest in convoying in together (that's redundant, isn't it?:rolleyes:) and having a mini-rally the night before somewhere along the way. Of, course, that depends on planning to arrive on the same date. Anyway, I'm just putting out feelers right now. If you're interested, post a note here. We'll formalize this later.
Add Chris and I. since It was my idea:D:D:D. We will def. have our new 5er by then.

timdebs

Gus I think if all this works out then Heartland should give an award for longest convoy going to a rally. Can you imagine all advertisement Heartland would be getting because of people passing us and saying "man they sure are some nice campers, I wish I had one".

boatto5er

Looks like enough interest to get serious about this. I don't think reservations for next year's national rally start until next year (imagine that:D). However, organizing can never start too early. I know a lot of us that have posted here will be at the fall rally, so I'll plan on having an informal meeting there to discuss further, then we'll start putting together an official group. We'll need a couple of volunteers: a Wagonmaster for the pre-rally CG and a "Convoy Commander" for the trip into Nashville. No need to jump in now. We'll discuss it more at Camp Hatteras.

Gus

TanDumb

Kim and Chris
Looks like enough interest to get serious about this. I don't think reservations for next year's national rally start until next year (imagine that:D). However, organizing can never start too early. I know a lot of us that have posted here will be at the fall rally, so I'll plan on having an informal meeting there to discuss further, then we'll start putting together an official group. We'll need a couple of volunteers: a Wagonmaster for the pre-rally CG and a "Convoy Commander" for the trip into Nashville. No need to jump in now. We'll discuss it more at Camp Hatteras.

Gus
Hey Gus, Chris and I cant make it to the fall rally for 2 reasons. One we dont have our toy hauler yet and 2 DH has to work that weekend. Keep us in mind when yall are discussing the convoy!! I love planning trips and I am the official trip planner/organizer of the family. I love that yall have the same enthusiasm(sp?) as me!!:cool:

boatto5er

Hey Gus, Chris and I cant make it to the fall rally for 2 reasons. One we dont have our toy hauler yet and 2 DH has to work that weekend. Keep us in mind when yall are discussing the convoy!! I love planning trips and I am the official trip planner/organizer of the family. I love that yall have the same enthusiasm(sp?) as me!!:cool:

If you happen to get free for the weekend of the rally, we don't mind an SOB (Some Other Brand) mingling in. You'll be see a thread for convoying to the National Rally after they open the registration next year (sounds so far off:eek:).

boatto5er

The only requirement is to be able to keep up with me. I've been known to get going at the blistering speed of 65 MPH:eek::D!