Found this in the net

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Earlier in the week a man driving his truck hauling his 5th wheel down Red Grade road out of the Big Horn Mtns near Sheridan WY, lost control & went over the side of the mtn. It was stated he bailed out before things got really ugly.
IMG_0224.jpg

The angle at which the trailer sits
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Whats left of the Powerstroke
IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Pic of the trailer from off the mtn. its hard to see, but the road is top-right of the photo
IMG_0236.jpg

Peteandsharon

If you've ever driven through Branson MO after a good rain you'll know that the roads there get ridiculous with a little moisture. Coming into Branson my brother in law was in a vehicle just ahead of me. He stopped at a stop sign and I tried to do the same. I just kept sliding with my travel trailer pushing me along. We finally stopped about 6 inches from his bumper. Once my heart started again, we drove on and went around a bend. There we saw a fifth wheel and truck in a predicament similar to the picture above. The tow vehicle was hanging over the edge of a cliff just about to plunge. They had a big tow truck keeping him from doing so. We drove around another bend towards Stormy Point campground and found a large class A motorhome hanging over the edge of a cliff there. One of the scariest trips I ever made. Got out of the truck at the campground and kissed mother earth.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Do you think the owner will call the Crossroads manufacturing plant and blame this on them????? Maybe demand full restitution, replacement truck, lodging and food reimbursement???NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone

Probably will call Lippert and have to talk with them about this too..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

caokgafamily

We just pulled our BH 3400 thru the Bighorn mountains last month, it was pretty intense!!! I just kept it slow. My dad says never drive faster than your guardian angels can fly.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We pulled the Big Horn in May which still had lots of snow on the ground using hwy 16 going from Buffalo to Worland. This route had been advised to us by a campground in Cody who said it was a better route than going up to Sheridan like AAA had routed us. Thank goodness for jakebrakes and a wonderful new truck :) :)!!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
One Comment... Oh S___!!! I don't think we need to go over those mountains with our trailer.
Kristy

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are in Buffalo Wyo and headed to Sheridan and on up to 7th Ranch RV in Garyowen Mt. Plan to travel on I-90. Haven't traveled this highway but haven't heard it was a hard road to travel.

We have gone from Rapid City SD to Cody via Buffalo, Worland, Graybull and Cody. Didn't remember it being that bad..

I was raised 42 miles northeast of Casper and have never had any problems navigating the highways.

I really feel sorry for the owner of the 5er no matter what caused the accident. I hope this doesn't happen to any of us.

BC

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I will have to post our pictures on here some day of our wreck. Yukon xl pulling a bumper pull rv with generator on the rear of the rv and almost empty water tank. Rolled 2 1/2 times down the mountain, totaled both car & rv. Wife & i walked off with only a scratch on my head and bruised her up from the seat belt. We were very lucky!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW Kenny - glad you all were not injuried. Pics would be interesting.