Kudos to Westland Sales (Ariston dryer)

cjbearden

Visitor
On 7/27/09, we had our second opportunity to deal with Westland Sales, Clackamas, OR. On Sunday, of course, 7/26/09, I discovered that our Ariston dryer's drum was not turning so couldn't dry the load of clothes that had just been washed. On Monday morning, I called Westland Sales (800-356-0766) since we had purchased an extended warranty on both the washer and dryer. I spoke with Lad Mooso (ext. 24), who determined immediately that the dryer needed a new belt. Lad then provided name and phone number for a local on-site repairman.

Since we are currently in Caldwell, ID, we were not certain if there was someone who would come to us or whether we would have to pack up and drive to Camping World in Boise, ID (44 miles one-way). The person Lad recommended declined the service call but did recommend PJ's Specialties RV and Welding Services, Caldwell, ID. Mr. Pat Reindell proved to be a knowledgeable and reputable person who quickly agreed to contact Westland Sales to get the belt ordered. Westland agreed to work with Mr. Reindel, sent out the part UPS Ground, the belt arrived on Friday 7/31/09 and by 1:30 PM Saturday, 8/01/09, we had a repaired dryer ready to go. The belt came with detailed installation instructions which were extremely helpful.

The repair involved taking off a closet door, taking dryer off the washer to get to the back, disconnecting the various hoses, etc. What really impressed us was Mr. Reindel's attention to detail and making sure the job was done correctly and thorougly. The area around the dryer was vacuumed, hoses were vacuumed and the hose connected to the outside vent was repaired in two places where holes were found. Hoses had been kinked during installation causing the holes (K&C RV, Longmont, CO thank you). We had wondered why there seemed to be an excessive amount of dust debris in the closet and bedroom area. Now we know!

Also discovered were water lines going under the washer, which Mr. Reindel re-routed beside and to the back of the washer and properly tied up. Now the coach is not vibrating quite as bad as it used to do because the washer is now level.

If you are ever in the Caldwell, ID area and need on-site service, we heartily recommend PJ's Specialities in Caldwell, ID (208-866-7701) or http://www.pjsrvrepairandwelding.com

Sorry, this is so long but I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Lad at Westland Sales was so helpful during our time of need. Last Fall, we dealt with San regarding dryer door noise. A replacement door was sent without question to us in Aransas Pass, TX and we were provided with the name of a local person to call for installation (Greg at Air Mart Mechanical in Rockport, TX) of the new door. We cannot say enough good things about the response time, willingness to help, knowledge, and online repair manual availablity provided by Westland Sales for the Splendide Ariston Washer/Dryer products.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Glad to hear an Oregon dealer is doing a good job. Our dealer has been great with us (River City RV in Medford, OR) but its nice to know there is another place to go if we need to.
Kristy