Potential Wiring problem

k6fn

K6FN
Hi folks, just a quick note to explain a small problem I just found in my new 3100 RL..
in the process of figgerin out how im going to hook up 2 more 6 volt batteries and my 2000 watt inverter, i was poking and wiggling wires and I just happened to find the main red wire (that comes from the factory installed battery) was crimped very good.. matter of fact I could have actually pulled hard enough to seperate the wire..
Fortunately for me I have the proper tool and unhooked all the wires and re-crimped them.. Now im set..
please note that a loose wire like this can cause a myriad of problems for you but having a loose connection, you can have a higher current draw and along with that comes burnt wires..
please give all your large wires a good wiggle to ensure a good crimp..
happy RV'ing
jerry/Riverside, CA.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jerry, thats good that you found that problem. You are right about what problems that could cause. Thanks for the info. BTW, did your BH come from the factory with a battery installed? As far as I know, Heartland does not install batterys, thats done by the selling dealer. Bob:D

wdk450

What do they use for a battery during transport?

Jerry, thats good that you found that problem. You are right about what problems that could cause. Thanks for the info. BTW, did your BH come from the factory with a battery installed? As far as I know, Heartland does not install batterys, thats done by the selling dealer. Bob:D

It seems to me that the trailer hauler has to retract/extend the landing gear, and have a viable battery for the emergency disconnect brake. Does the hauler supply a battery during delivery?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bill, it was Mike Jarrett (pmmjarret) spelling I think, and some folks from the factory that made it real clear that they do not put batterys in there coaches. Mike is a RV hauler. Bob:D

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I used to haul RV's and know that the delivery drivers are required to supply a battery, usually just a lawn mower battery will do, to power the emergency break away brakes as well as operating the front jacks. Merely hooking up the tow vehicle will work the front jacks, so if we were just moving trailers around the yard we didn't hook up the battery.