Second Battery Solution

ddhburns

Lots of folks expressing an interest in more battery capacity. Could you incorporate a bit more space into the battery tray, provide for a secondary (ventilated) storage area in the "basement," or come up with a custom battery box which would hold two batteries?

sgtbigb

Battery space

My 2010 3610 RE has a space for another battery. I guess the factory has already answer that questionNone

wdk450

Generator Box

My dealer (Ray's RV's Fairfield, CA.) installed a 2nd, vented battery in the unused generator box area as a courtesy.

kampfirekid

I'm confused. The OP asked about an additional battery on an Edge, and so far the replies are from owners of other Heartland product lines. The Edge nose cap design looks like it makes battery storage very limited. Although some have sucessfully added another battery in other product lines, I think the Edge offers more of a challenge to add an additional battery to the exterior A-frame than others as there is no extra space behind the funky cover for the propane bottles.

I have an Edge M19. I was able to squeeze two group 24 batteries in there, but it took a lot of modification to the standard marine battery box. I had to cut the handles on both boxes off, as well as all four battery lead covers and a good part of the lip on the lid. I'll post pics when I can.

ddhburns

Box modifications

Thanks, CNC,

I did as you did, cutting the battery boxes to their absolute minimum (handles, covers -- all gone!). It's a tight squeeze and a bit of a hack job, but it should at least run the lights a bit longer. Had to replace the battery from the dealer with a smaller one to pull it off, though.