Modification to loft design on 3795

rat4go

I want a loft in my toy hauler (I don't want to use the couch or dinette on a regular basis for either of my 2 kids, nor do I want to use beds in the 'garage' on a regular basis). The 3795 looks like just the ticket, however, I don't think I could get away with both kids (1 boy, 1 girl) in the same queen bed in the loft. So......

The almost-perfect-for-me solution would be 2 twin beds in the loft (on opposite sides of the trailer) with a 'crawl path' between them. At the back of the crawl path, a small cabinet could be located to deal with storage, TV, whatever. The loft would need to be longer (front-to-back) to deal with the beds in the front-to-back instead of side-to-side direction, and the overhead storage cabinets and maybe vent in the garage would need to move rearward a bit, but it looks like there's plenty of room to do that if it were done from the factory. If I wanted a 2-person mattress back up there someday, I could move whatever cabinet was up there from a back wall to a side wall, and probably have room for a king mattress! Local dealer says he can make the mods, but the extra cost he's talking about, and the potential leak issue with moving the vent if it needs to move SCARE ME!

Thanks!

Rich

Bad Habit

I would like to enthusiastically echo this request.

We're in the same boat (1 boy, 1 girl) and do not like to use the living/dining furniture for sleeping. I know the kids would not be too thrilled about sharing a bed.

I myself would even fore go any kinds of cabinets up in the loft if that's what it took. Just two single (72" long X 36" wide?) mattresses with a small night stand and outlet in between.:cool: