Top Slideout Seal on Living Room Slide Torn

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I was wondering if anyone knows the specs on replacing my top passenger side living room slide seal that is torn in several places? Should I buy it directly from Heartland or just get it from Camping World. I have a really bad back and its difficult for me to get on top of the roof to measure, besides the fact that its in the towyard and I can't open the slides.
When I arrived in Napa County Fairgrounds a few weeks ago the seal was hanging down like a noose. I pulled it up the best I could in 100 degree heat, and noticed it slides on an upper an lower lip. Everytime I pulled, it ripped. I slowly tucked it the best I could under and over the lip for a temporary fix. I have been pulling it tight since I bought the rig from the front door steps as it was slipping towards the rear from the beginning, but my dealer told me not to worry about it. Its not that expensive so I am not going to hassle them. What kind of lubricant should I spray on the lip to slide it on once I get the right size? Thanks in advance.

jbeletti

Since you need someone to install this item, I'd have a dealer or CW order it "from Heartland" in order to get and install the correct seal type.

If you can get a pal to install it, you may want to call Heartland Customer Service to see if you can get it purchased and sent to your home for self-install.

Good luck.

Jim